Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Best Day Out in Sussex

Best Day out in Sussex?

• South Downs (Half Moon to Shepherd and Dog)

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Rye/Camber Sands

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • West Wittering Beaches

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Arundel

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Brighton and Hove

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Hastings (1066 Country)

• Bognor/Butlins

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Chichester

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Lewes

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Herstmonceaux

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Eastbourne/Pevensey/Drusillas/Middle Farm

• Sussex Wine Trail

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Goodwood (any event)

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Worthing beach, any time of year.

It's quite simply everything.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Succesfully spinning for mackerel at tea time, with toddlers to terminals bright eyed on the shore side.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Batemans at Burwash - oh shit, sorry, I forgot, Burwash is in Kent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rye any day. Cycle from Rye to Camber....swim... cycle back to Rye lunch. Cycle to Pett Level....kill Normans at Camber Castle.. drive to Appledore, have beers, walk along the canal, Missus drives home...jobza....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
None of those.

East Dean & The Tiger Inn on any sunny day in the year, then a walk to Birling Gap over the beautiful downs. Not a car in sight during the walk. Lovely views when the Channel comes into sight.

This has to be on the list, along so many other places on the Downs (Firle and Ditchling Beacons, Bo Peep, Kithurst Hill etc), the open air Museum at Amberley, Ashdown Forest............the Ouse Valley Way.......the Downslink trail.......Camber Sands......we’re spoiled rotten.......we really are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Never been but Bodiam Castle looks an ok day out

Shoreham airshow

Bodiam - won't get in unless you join the National Trust.....use to be free.....on my route driving from Home to Amex ....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
None of those.

East Dean & The Tiger Inn on any sunny day in the year, then a walk to Birling Gap over the beautiful downs. Not a car in sight during the walk. Lovely views when the Channel comes into sight.

This has to be on the list, along so many other places on the Downs (Firle and Ditchling Beacons, Bo Peep, Kithurst Hill etc), the open air Museum at Amberley, Ashdown Forest............the Ouse Valley Way.......the Downslink trail.......Camber Sands......we’re spoiled rotten.......we really are.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rye any day. Cycle from Rye to Camber....swim... cycle back to Rye lunch. Cycle to Pett Level....kill Normans at Camber Castle.. drive to Appledore, have beers, walk along the canal, Missus drives home...jobza....

We had a lovely day out in Rye last year. A bit of a bugger of a drive from Brighton due to poor roads, but an interesting, historic, town centre. Visited a National Trust place in the middle with an oasis of a garden.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Bodiam - won't get in unless you join the National Trust.....use to be free.....on my route driving from Home to Amex ....

You can get into Bodiam Castle without being a NT member, unless I misunderstood you?

(I worked in the kitchen there as a 16/17 year old many summer moons back too - lovely place.)

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Voted 'other' as no mention of Alfriston and the Cuckmere Valley, which is in my opinion right up there with some of the other mentions.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Cricket at Arundel

A wonderful way to spend a peaceful day but if you are after a bit of adrenalin it has to be the Goodwood Revival Meeting IMO.

My Dad was a TT Racer and I used to go and watch him so a day at a motor racing circuit being deafened and breathing in exhaust fumes from Vintage Cars and Bikes while Spitfires wheel overhead is my idea of heaven...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I am from Tunbridge Wells, part of it used to be, many Sussex people would like it back, so I was being a bit naughty.
Having said all that it is nice for a day or weekend out and the surrounding area.

So what you're saying is that Tunbridge Wells is our version of the Golan Heights?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here