Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TV Pundits and fans of mighty Arsenal find favorite sentence of the weekend .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
"With all due respect to Brighton , this is Brighton we're talking about ! "

Blud .

Yes we know , and now you do too .

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is incredible. It's like Arsenal lost to a team in the Isthmian League, not one standing 10th in the 'most competitive league in the world'.

To be fair not all were like that and even Paul Merson, not the most insightful analyst, reckoned they might lose before the match, and Thierry Henry wasn't surprised either. I was hoping Man City had totally destroyed their confidence (rather than the opposite 'strong reaction' effect) and so it proved.

The shrewdies sensed that Arsenal were in total disarray, and we were improving.

kjgood

Its just really annoying that Arsenal played badlly and 'Lost' the game because their confidence was low after being tonked by MC twice, rather than we played well and 'Won' it. Arent they supposed to be one of the fabled 'Top six' with big time Charlie players playing against little old Brighton who are just a minor irritation.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Is this at all surprising?

There isn't a set of fans more self-entitled than Arsenal's (I even include Leeds and Massive in this). It's a real shame that it is grown from having one of the finest, and most stable periods of continued success in domestic football history.

I've always had a bit of inverted snobbery in reference to them. Imagine being sixth in the Premier League, Europa League Ro16 against AC Milan and crying on national radio because your team lost a game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some kept saying that they "hadn't lost to us since f*cking 1982". Yes, but we've been in different divisions for 30 plus years out of that.

That's the kind of arrogance that typifies their 14 year slow and painful demise. Clutching at historical straws, whilst other clubs of varying size are taking huge strides forward.

kjgood

Is this at all surprising?

There isn't a set of fans more self-entitled than Arsenal's (I even include Leeds and Massive in this). It's a real shame that it is grown from having one of the finest, and most stable periods of continued success in domestic football history.

I've always had a bit of inverted snobbery in reference to them. Imagine being sixth in the Premier League, Europa League Ro16 against AC Milan and crying on national radio because your team lost a game.

I also heard that fan crying on the radio, hasnt he anything else in his life to worry about? Yes we are all passionate about our club but FFS get a life.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I also heard that fan crying on the radio, hasnt he anything else in his life to worry about? Yes we are all passionate about our club but FFS get a life.

We’ve all got emotional supporting the Albion but it was the idea of him being “heartbroken” that they’re only a top six team now.

I know they’re not the team they were and aren’t moving forward but Jesus Christ they’re not Orient/Hartlepool are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Some kept saying that they "hadn't lost to us since f*cking 1982". Yes, but we've been in different divisions for 30 plus years out of that.

That's the kind of arrogance that typifies their 14 year slow and painful demise. Clutching at historical straws, whilst other clubs of varying size are taking huge strides forward.

Just quote the stat that we've now beaten them at home in our last three league fixtures. So it shouldn't really be a surprise.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
On a different note, that Arsenal Fan TV rant after yesterday was hilarious. The clown was fuming that "we're even getting bantered by Brighton, they didn't even have a f***ing ground 10 years ago". That must have been the 'Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay' song...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We’ve all got emotional supporting the Albion but it was the idea of him being “heartbroken” that they’re only a top six team now.

I know they’re not the team they were and aren’t moving forward but Jesus Christ they’re not Orient/Hartlepool are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just the top six, though. A friend of mine who supports the Stains told me when they dropped into the third tier about ten years ago that he would stop going because he couldn't bear to see his club in League One. I forebore to point out that some of us follow clubs that have been at that level for most of their existence (and that his team spent a large part of their history in the Third Division South).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's not just the top six, though. A friend of mine who supports the Stains told me when they dropped into the third tier about ten years ago that he would stop going because he couldn't bear to see his club in League One. I forebore to point out that some of us follow clubs that have been at that level for most of their existence (and that his team spent a large part of their history in the Third Division South).

C’est la vie. I suggest over 50% of our fans gave up on us when we lost the FA Cup Final and got relegated in comparison to those that flocked to watch us get promoted. By the time we got to Gillingham we lost more than 80 % of the fans that watched us get promoted to the First division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here