Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I gave up two hours ago but level 2 flumpage in worthing made me look at the radar again.

There is a chance of some decent stuff for Worthing/Findon looking at that if it doesn’t die across the channel.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
But stopped here.
Level 1 in BN12 close to the coast. Settling and I get the feeling it's going to be here for a while. Weirdly the Met Office say it's not snowing here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I must be in a no-snow zone in Worthing (BN13 / Salvington) as I've seen very little all day! Not even small flakes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes, that seems to tally with this from 9-12 midnight tonight.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=50.46;-4.27;6&l=rain-3h&t=20180302/00

Which agrees with the high res Hirlam model, which gives snow, then rain tonight, and a repeat tomorrow.

Snow Tonight.gif

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I must be in a no-snow zone in Worthing (BN13 / Salvington) as I've seen very little all day! Not even small flakes.

Odd, I'm BN13 as well, so not far away and we've got a light covering.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Findon BN14 a reasonable bit over the last hour or so pretty much exactly as [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] has described a couple of miles to my South-West.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shows over here in Worthing .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Findon BN14 a reasonable bit over the last hour or so pretty much exactly as [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] has described a couple of miles to my South-West.

Odd, I'm BN13 as well, so not far away and we've got a light covering.

Sods law, just started to get a dusting now!

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
It's as dry as a nuns flip flop here in Hailsham!

Roll on next winter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
A hint of dandruff in South East Lancing. Difficult to spot unless eyes are concentrating.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Maybe it's the high ground ? , Very poor in BN14 West Worthing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it is the first time with a strong easterly wind it is actually a disadvantage to be in the east and not the west, Just about every thing that could have gone wrong this week has. You could not make it up. The cold has been impressive though

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
East Worthing still a little flurry here and there. It seems this is the edge of the system that is turning West towards Wales, Ireland.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Yes and no. I got the cold very wrong but not sure my prediction of a lack of snow was that far off

In your back yard, maybe, but you don't need to travel very far to get to areas that still have snow on the ground from Monday night. Our street is still white and the wife had trouble getting the car out this morning.

The problem as I see it, is that your prediction is limited to a 5 mile radius of where you are. If you haven't seen it, it hasn't happened.

Spot on. Sussex is just a bit bigger than Newhaven.

There's a lot of precipitation currently over north France and the Channel heading our way (I added the circle)

View attachment 94698

As long as it’s not rain!

It's turning to snow as it comes north. All depends now on how much warmer air it's bringing with it and how far north it penetrates. Got some really, really fine snow falling here in Uckfield currently. Barely registers on the Flumpage scale for either rating (volume / flake size).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here