Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just seen Ezra Furman. What a fun guy and a great performer. Hookworms and Ezra are two of the best gigs I’ve been to in ages.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
A Tuesday night never the best but a home crowd and being sold out will improve the experience.

There's no such thing as a 'week night' in Brighton, as Ian McNabb commented at The Icicle Works' recent (Thursday I think, I was very drunk) gig "Brighton, what an amazing place, it doesn't look like a ****ing school night out there!"

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Anvil were great at the Green Door last night. A good old fashioned two hour rock and roll show, just like they used to make them.

Jul 7, 2003
Looking forward to Alestorm at Concorde2 on Friday night

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Nils Frahm was a bit of a treat at The Dome. First time I've seen him, and it's quite something witnessing him crafting all those sounds with ALL that kit of his.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Nils Frahm was a bit of a treat at The Dome. First time I've seen him, and it's quite something witnessing him crafting all those sounds with ALL that kit of his.

Whilst British Sea Power were a bit ploddy at The Concorde. They played a career spanning greatest hits type affair which doesn't really work with them as a lot of their 'hit' songs sound very similar that led to a pretty one paced outing. It needed a few more of the more raucous numbers (Spirit of St. Louis, Scottish Wildlife Experience, Apologies to Insect Life, Zeus) to get the dynamics right.

Still pretty good though. There was plenty to like about Yumi and The Weather supporting as well.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whilst British Sea Power were a bit ploddy at The Concorde. They played a career spanning greatest hits type affair which doesn't really work with them as a lot of their 'hit' songs sound very similar that led to a pretty one paced outing. It needed a few more of the more raucous numbers (Spirit of St. Louis, Scottish Wildlife Experience, Apologies to Insect Life, Zeus) to get the dynamics right.

Still pretty good though. There was plenty to like about Yumi and The Weather supporting as well.

The one thing you couldn't characterise Nils Frahm as is ploddy. A remarkable range of pieces, ranging from plaintive piano, loop-building electronica using an extraordinary variety of instruments, to certain piano pieces played with incredible power and velocity.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

I did think once The Pelican got going and our bear friends arrived in the crowd it was going to kick off but unfortunately not. Put this down to it being a Tuesday night and last date of the tour. Nothing like the intensity of those Krankenhaus evenings but enjoyable all the same. Missed the support but picked up a couple of fridge magnets and a mug from merchandise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here