Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you looking forward to the World Cup?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yep, we have nearly finished turning the pool and darts area at the local in a proper sports bar, with a pull down screen and projector.
It is a large area and the screen is huge, it will satisfy all the expats wanting the England games and also the locals going for the Aussies.
Will probably be an amount of interest in other games, seeing as everyone here is from somewhere else.
Will also save all the 'what did you have for breakfast' style threads...................I hope.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
All the time it's held in Russia, no. Also, I can't understand how a failed Middlesboro manager gets to manage England?!........

Because he's been schooled in the FA way, and in any other country we'd be saying that is how to do it. I don't see that he's done anything wrong yet, so give him a chance. Opinion may well change after the summer, but let him have a go - hiring expensive flashy international types worked so well for us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We may even sign a player before the WC who will be playing in it to give us an interest in a team other than Colombia and Australia! Am I going a bit OTT here?

There has NEVER been a better time to be an Albion fan and I say this as someone who was around in the Glory years of Mullery, Ward, Lawrenson, Robinson and Horton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Exactly this. I even sit there and watch games I've absolutely no interest or stake in, if I'm free, just because they're on. Saudi Arabia v Ecuador? Ghana v New Zealand? Bring it on (not necessarily at this World Cup :lol: ).

Also love a good nation-by-nation World Cup preview pullout in the newspaper(s). Small pleasures, you see :)

A woman after my own heart :thumbsup:

I'm very much in the market for a World Cup WALLCHART. Might have a squizz around today and see whats out there. Time to fish out the blu-tak.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

The question was asked, I answered it.

Sorry if it doesn't match your obvious unbridled passion & enthusiasm for the World Cup....but I really couldn't care less about it this time round.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Because he's been schooled in the FA way, and in any other country we'd be saying that is how to do it. I don't see that he's done anything wrong yet, so give him a chance. Opinion may well change after the summer, but let him have a go - hiring expensive flashy international types worked so well for us.

After BFS basically sacked himself, there wasn't a huge pool of talent wanting to take the job. Southgate has made the right noises and when we get knocked out it will be more down to there only being one world class player in the team rather than his management. Kane gets injured then we are buggered.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All the time it's held in Russia, no. Also, I can't understand how a failed Middlesboro manager gets to manage England?!........

Yes Russia, it will be fun

Planning to watch England games and any featuring an Albion player. Hard to get excited about International football these days, a long time since there was a really decent WC.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I don't particularly enjoy watching football unless Brighton or England are playing... in fact I won't watch a game once England are out. That doesn't stop me from being overly excited by the World Cup though... it's the pinnacle of football in my opinion, and I'm making plans for the matches already. It helps I'm on gardening leave until the end of July

It's much like an orgy. You really get excited with anticipation but once you give up the penis colada your done and the action goes on without you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Being as there are currently 4 World Cup threads on page 1 of NSC, I'd say the excitement levels are bubbling along nicely on here.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm looking forward to the world cup, we'll ( England) be rubbish as always but I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We may even sign a player before the WC who will be playing in it to give us an interest in a team other than Colombia and Australia! Am I going a bit OTT here?

There has NEVER been a better time to be an Albion fan and I say this as someone who was around in the Glory years of Mullery, Ward, Lawrenson, Robinson and Horton.

Looks like we might.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What I really want above all else is to see England take advantage of temperate conditions and play some fearless, high-tempo, British football - none of this timid, slow bollocks we've had to endure over the last decade.

Volgograd is going to be high 20s I'd imagine so we'll inevitably wilt against Tunisia, before scraping a win against Panama, which will leave us needing something from the Belgium game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here