Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal - on his way?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We need at least 4 Premiership quality central midfielders. Currently we only have 3 so it would be daft to let Kayal go if the aim is to avoid a relegation scrap next season. We need a marquee signing in this area along with a number nine - everywhere else we could probably make do (decision has to made if Suttner good enough but think he’ll get one more season to show)

Tom Cairney would be great - if Fulham don’t go up it’s doable...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Given that this whole thread / “rumour” is based on a wave and an Instagram post where he says “together we will be back next season” - I’d say the discussion is a tad premature

caf1336699fafe4760530f919f735304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. It’s always the same - bloody hilarious what people think they can read into someone waving. He’s good enough and I hope he stays, along with us signing further competition/cover in place of Sidwell.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agree. It’s always the same - bloody hilarious what people think they can read into someone waving. He’s good enough and I hope he stays, along with us signing further competition/cover in place of Sidwell.
The waving from Stockdale at Villa was quite easy to see that it was his farewell.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We have been so lucky with injuries this season . The squad was never really tested . Another season might see the whole 25 used so BK might well get more games .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We need at least 4 Premiership quality central midfielders. Currently we only have 3 so it would be daft to let Kayal go if the aim is to avoid a relegation scrap next season. We need a marquee signing in this area along with a number nine - everywhere else we could probably make do (decision has to made if Suttner good enough but think he’ll get one more season to show)
Any of our midfield options would be first name on the teamsheet of any Scottish team.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Why would he leave, he has been excellent during Propper's ban. Brilliant cover, competitive tackler and always looks to play a forward pass.

Injury troubles. He has had nine operations and has been out for long periods in the last 2 seasons.

I don't think anybody is disputing his ability and I don't see many people suggesting that we shouldn't keep him. The key point is will the club think the same way, particularly if we bring in someone new in a position that there is a consensus on importance to strengthen, so he will be relegated to potentially 4th choice and perhaps the club would rather blood a younger squad player from the lower leagues instead.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Injury troubles. He has had nine operations and has been out for long periods in the last 2 seasons.

I don't think anybody is disputing his ability and I don't see many people suggesting that we shouldn't keep him. The key point is will the club think the same way, particularly if we bring in someone new in a position that there is a consensus on importance to strengthen, so he will be relegated to potentially 4th choice and perhaps the club would rather blood a younger squad player from the lower leagues instead.
I agree about the injuries, the question is will the club gamble on his fitness. With reference to a younger player Bjordal seems very consistent and a great talent in the U23's.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Maybe its because you have posted about fifty times about Kayal not being good enough....i would agree though that another midfielder will be needed to replace Sidders..and he will need to be of good enough standard to press the current first choice two for a regular spot.
There's a question mark on wether he's good enough but there's a bigger question mark on his persistent injuries :glare:
I would actually look to replace Stephens even though he's been very good in the 2nd part of the season...we need more from central midfielders including goals and creativity.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There's a question mark on wether he's good enough but there's a bigger question mark on his persistent injuries :glare:
I would actually look to replace Stephens even though he's been very good in the 2nd part of the season...we need more from central midfielders including goals and creativity.

I disagree with that.

For any team to succeed, it requires central midfielders to do the hard yardage and shield the back 4. Examples - Stephens, Sidwell, Dier, Henderson, Matic. They rarely score or get assists.

The Albion would be a soft touch without Stephens.

With creative midfielders sitting in front or beside them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We need at least 4 Premiership quality central midfielders. Currently we only have 3 so it would be daft to let Kayal go if the aim is to avoid a relegation scrap next season. We need a marquee signing in this area along with a number nine - everywhere else we could probably make do.
Yes, this, as long as we don't lose anybody.

(decision has to made if Suttner good enough but think he’ll get one more season to show)
If he isn't, we've got Bong. Yes, there are undoubtedly better left backs than both of hem out there (and a whole lot more worse!) - but a priority to replace them? No, I don't think so.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
If he can avoid further injury, he is easily lower PL quality and a good squad player.

Unfortunately I don't think the club will want to risk the first bit. Stephens and Kayal was my favourite midfield pairing in my lifetime, will be a sad day if he moves on.

Could you separate all the squad players into their levels of quality---middle championship, lower championship, lower PL, middle PL, upper PL, and orgasmic PL. Of course we would never have a player who was lower championship except maybe Ryan if he was 1 or 2 inches shorter during his first match with the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here