Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt & Buckley ... SELL! SELL! SELL!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yeah, and I'd like a £100k pay rise - not gonna happen.

Out of interest, who do we think is worth more, in terms of £££ transfer fee, Buckley or Conway?

Absolutely this. If we wait for a £4m bid for Bridcutt, and £2.5 for Buckley, we are likely to wait for ever.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how well they may or may not perform for any new clubs in the future, it's how well they play for US.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely this. If we wait for a £4m bid for Bridcutt, and £2.5 for Buckley, we are likely to wait for ever.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter how well they may or may not perform for any new clubs in the future, it's how well they play for US.

We should make sure we don't sell below our valuations / in a hurry. If that means no sale this window, then so be it. We should all, as fans, trust TB et al on this.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We should make sure we don't sell below our valuations / in a hurry. If that means no sale this window, then so be it. We should all, as fans, trust TB et al on this.

Well we have to trust the Club don't we?, we have no choice ultimately. They make the decisions, we don't.

My main concern is, that if we were to have made £3.75 million by selling Buckley and Briidcutt, then that money could have been put to better use by bringing players in other positions that we really need. A proven goalscorer perhaps?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well we have to trust the Club don't we?, we have no choice ultimately. They make the decisions, we don't.

My main concern is, that if we were to have made £3.75 million by selling Buckley and Briidcutt, then that money could have been put to better use by bringing players in other positions that we really need. A proven goalscorer perhaps?

Ulloa and Grabban not good enough at this level for you?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think Buckley got a bit lucky in his first season with us. EVERYTHING went for him. Yes, he played very well but I think a lot of things "sat up" for him and he "got the rub of the green".

I don't think he's QUITE as good a player as that season suggested.

I think the special goals were the long run from the halfway line against Newcastle when Simpson could only put it in his own net and the the left footed curler against Blackpool to open the scoring and the run at the Huddersfield defence in the away match.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Just that really, sell the pair of them asap.

As for Buckley, what a let down he has been, in his third season with the club, he has promised so much, and yet delivered so little. Yes he has been brilliant in a few games, but not nearly enough, and l would expect far more consistency in a player who cost us a seven figure fee.

Amazed the club didn't accept the bid from Sunderland. Bridcutt won't attract a bid of more than about £2.5/3 and Buckley, well, l would have driven him north personally for the £1.75 that was on the table.

Go on ridicule me for my views, l've got thick skin!

I'll leave that to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]

Have never been impressed by Buckleys workrate, one of the reasons strikers have had poor service at times. I'd sell him asap given injuries.

Good analysis.

He's had, what, 10 good games in the last three years?

More now though.

If we can get a decent wedge for Buckley let's make a cheeky bid for Elliott Bennett. Twice the player Buckley will ever be.

:ffsparr:

The trick of buying players is to find a talented players that is off form and buy him cheaper than he is worth. Will Buckley is a type like this. We would be crazy to sell.

[MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] calls it right.

Buckley is never "on form", he has one good game every three months.

That's two in a row now. Care to reassess?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Only if ridiculing others for having an opinion based on the situation at the time, makes you feel more adequate.

Gosh, Mr Defensive. You weren't even mentioned.
It's to show up those who make outlandish statements and do not have the humility to eat them when required.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Gosh, Mr Defensive. You weren't even mentioned.
It's to show up those who make outlandish statements and do not have the humility to eat them when required.

Have you given them a chance? Have you said anything outlandish? We all have, and all got it wrong at times.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Gosh, Mr Defensive. You weren't even mentioned. It's to show up those who make outlandish statements and do not have the humility to eat them when required.

Eating them is a tried and true ENGLISH tradition!

"In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet." - Winston Churchill

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Have you given them a chance? Have you said anything outlandish? We all have, and all got it wrong at times.

This is their chance. I imagine I've said many an outlandish thing that I'll happily retract.

Eating them is a tried and true ENGLISH tradition!

"In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet." - Winston Churchill

Seems to me that there was very little that Churchill wouldn't ingest. If it's good enough for him...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'll leave that to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]

Good analysis.

More now though.

:ffsparr:

[MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] calls it right.

That's two in a row now. Care to reassess?

Captain Hindsight strikes again :lolol:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I can understand those who wanted to get rid in the sense that Buckley has been largely disappointing when he has played this season but considering he's been recovering from injury most of this time that still shows the calls for a sale up as being silly at best. The claim that Buckley has been a disappointing signing is frankly ludicrous.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Urgent!!!!!

If ur saying sell Buckley u need to watch the highlights DVD from last season & remember just how good he IS! There's a reason Gus thinks he's good enough for the prem - cos he is. I swear some 'fans' only think about the last few months or last game sometimes - naive to say the least!

Also who says we need the money desperately - why sell anyone (esp 2 of our best players!)

Not one to gloat but can the impatient morons who don't know a lot about football listen to me next time :thumbsup: (yes I know today was only one game I just fancied pointing out some people were saying ridiculous things re selling Buckley) - well done [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] for outing them though haha

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here