Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dobbie

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Do you honestly believe he is on the same money as Judas ? Palace could have let him go by mutual consent and made a settlement payment. Fleetwood won't be contributing all that much to his current wages which makes me think that Palace are hedging their bets - if they're relegated they can renew his contract , if not give him his P45.

No chance of Dobbie having his contract renewed, even in the unlikely event of our relegation. We've got half a dozen players who are comfortably better than him in the same position.

He's still far too good for L1 though, he'll tear it apart.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6491724 said:
He's probably on £20k p/w at Palace (£1.04million p/a). Earning £5k p/w at League 1/2 club would earn him £780k over 3 years. Would you quit your job and move somewhere that required you to work for 4 years to earn what you could earn in just 1?

Average wage at Fleetwood is £800 a week, although there is no way he was on £20k a week at Palace.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Average wage at Fleetwood is £800 a week, although there is no way he was on £20k a week at Palace.

I would of assumed he signed for about £15k/week which would have been increased through a promotion clause. Even if he was earning £10k p/w my point still stands to the other poster about why he wouldn't agree to terminate his palace contract as he'll earn more in there in 1 year than anywhere else in 3

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Could do a job.
Knows how to get a team up to the PL :thumbsup:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
He's too old, he's too palacey "insert other excuse" he's not ambitious enough.

I think it was the fact the bloke couldn't be bothered to get off his backside that riled most of us. Funny how ex-Albion players come back to bite us on the proverbial you know where: Dobbie screamer against us the season before last for Blackpool, Alex Revell last season for Rotherham, a certain player we don't mention any more (twice), Gary Nelson for Charlton and Dean Saunders (a screamer for Oxford in the second match of the season back in Division Two, having got promotion in the season after selling him). The list goes on. Who will be next? I reckon Ashley Barnes will score in front of the North Stand next season. I wouldn't blame him if he celebrates wildly in front of us.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Been released by Palarse.

Didn't realise he was still at Palace, and no don't want to see him back. We need players who have some pace about them and put a shift in. Some of Dobbie's performances make Best look good.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Didn't realise he was still at Palace, and no don't want to see him back. We need players who have some pace about them and put a shift in. Some of Dobbie's performances make Best look good.

Weird. He was pretty good for us, scored a few belters and dragged us into the playoffs when the rest of the team was determined to slip out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Weird. He was pretty good for us, scored a few belters and dragged us into the playoffs when the rest of the team was determined to slip out.

He obviously went into "mercenary mode" with the promise of earning Prem wages if Palace were promoted , when he played for us he couldn't give a **** because he could still pick up a wedge whether or not he put in any effort.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Paddy keeping up the Palace myth that Dobbie got them into the play offs with his 2 assists in 10 games :yawn:

We properly mugged them by selling him to them for more than we paid and gettin our top earner off the books. They must've wasted a fortune in wages on that waste of space :clap2::bhasign::wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here