Xbox Offer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Beer Man

Aug 4, 2003
Worthing
Anyone have the HTTP address for "GAME" High street shop. I hear they are selling XBOX + 4 games for 139.99 Bargin mate

XBOX has cemented itself quite nicely as the second most popular console in quite a short period of time in a market that already had huge PS2 presence.

Technically it cannot be seen as anything other than the no.1 games console currently on the market.

In online terms MS got the strategy bang on and it is by far the best online community for gamers outside of the PC.

In development terms the XBOX is simply a dream to develop for rather than the PS2, because it's similar to the PC to develop against.

However games is what people will judge a platform on and this is where the XBOX seems to have made mistakes but is still on the heels of PS2. Too many games are now brands in their own rights (Fifa is one for example being some touted around a lot recently) this means that it is hard for a newcomer into this market to make these companies stop developing for the older less sophisticated consoles as they represent $$$ as the console has an established market. It also means that the XBOX equivilent of these titles come out they do not make anywhere near the best use of the machines capabilities as the designers and developers work to the lowest common denominator to make these games easy to port.

Even in the games markets Microsoft have made some inroads. When developers do design specifically for the XBOX some awesome market leading games can be designed and these in the next generations of games will also become brands in their own rights (Halo, Knights of The Old Republic, etc...)

For anyone to dismiss the XBOX is just plain dumb and I'm sure noone at Sony is dismissing it as a threat to their market share...XBOX is here to stay and will continue to eat into the gaming community and hopefully one day have the established % of gamers that Sony enjoy today (or at least even up the scales a little).

In competition terms who else other than Microsoft in this era of software and gaming really has the clout to go up against the Playstation. Competition is great in this market for the consumer as it drives down console unit cost & costs of games.

Lets see these two console brands both move forwards into the next couple of generations of machines and I'm sure we'll see two highly innovative systems for home entertainment, which in my eyes is only a good thing for all who are interested. :clap2:

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
My old flatmate had an XBOX, and the problem really was lack of decent games. He had Halo which is one of the best games I've ever played (many a pissed up four player game after the pub was enjoyed) however all the other games he ever had were complete rubbish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports