Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
oi!! It’s mine too. :d

giphy (43).gif

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Having seen the tweet it's stupid rather than "scream for a policeman" but I understand given the tweeter having @ both clubs where the ban came from even if I think it is a bit stiff. A warning would have sufficed and would have been enough to make the penny drop.

That said, the ban for this lad, no bottle tops - including the mail in the style of a headmistress from the club - as well as flaskgate in quick succession is all a bit Keith Lard from Phoenix nights to me. It's chipping away at the loyalty of the fan base and goes towards sanitising the atmosphere which we all complain about sometimes. I'm not suggesting we let knobbish behaviour go unchecked but let's not get to the point we've banned everything to the point it's like a morgue.

Might just be my point of view, but nothing the club has done has negatively affected my loyalty. Banning bottle tops - fine, it just brings us in line with the other major sporting events in the country (and the world). Banning flasks - bit annoying, but given the current climate, I can see why they need to be seen to be proactive in this way. Banning numpties who post stupid insults on twitter - simply don't do it, and it won't happen.

With regards to the tweet, I remember we played Forest away shortly after Brian Clough died, and a couple of young-ish Brighton fans started singing nasty songs about his death. It went on for a bit, until an older Brighton fan just wandered up and twatted them. In this social media world, people think they can say what they like and there's no repercussions - that's simply not the case. Freedom of Speech doesn't mean you shouldn't face the consequences. As for the whataboutery so many people are using, it's not an issue. We should be seen to take a stand here - if WBA / Burnley don't follow the same path, sooner or later they will be the ones looking outdated.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Might just be my point of view, but nothing the club has done has negatively affected my loyalty. Banning bottle tops - fine, it just brings us in line with the other major sporting events in the country (and the world). Banning flasks - bit annoying, but given the current climate, I can see why they need to be seen to be proactive in this way. Banning numpties who post stupid insults on twitter - simply don't do it, and it won't happen.

With regards to the tweet, I remember we played Forest away shortly after Brian Clough died, and a couple of young-ish Brighton fans started singing nasty songs about his death. It went on for a bit, until an older Brighton fan just wandered up and twatted them. In this social media world, people think they can say what they like and there's no repercussions - that's simply not the case. Freedom of Speech doesn't mean you shouldn't face the consequences. As for the whataboutery so many people are using, it's not an issue. We should be seen to take a stand here - if WBA / Burnley don't follow the same path, sooner or later they will be the ones looking outdated.

There is a world ban on bottle tops ?

I remember with love my late disabled father being refused from taking a bottle of lemonade into the Withdean.

Actually I remember with laughter telling them where to go.

I've actually defended the club on flasks, but have changed my mind. This is the problem with "consultants" they live in a dream world of "what if's".

If they lived in a world of statistics, they would ban anyone arriving on to the Amex on a bicycle (or in a car) because they are more likely to be involved in an accident or fatality rather than suffering from a flask related related terrorist incident.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There is a world ban on bottle tops ?

I remember with love my late disabled father being refused from taking a bottle of lemonade into the Withdean.

Actually I remember with laughter telling them where to go.

I've actually defended the club on flasks, but have changed my mind. This is the problem with "consultants" they live in a dream world of "what if's".

If they lived in a world of statistics, they would ban anyone arriving on to the Amex on a bicycle (or in a car) because they are more likely to be involved in an accident or fatality rather than suffering from a flask related related terrorist incident.

There’s also greater likelihood of crashing in the car on the way to an airport than being in a plane with a suicide bomber. Would you justify that as reason to do away with all the stringent airport security checks and ban on >100ml of liquids?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club definitely turn a blind eye to STHs lending their season tickets to mates or family every now and then; what they do frown on is people selling them on via social media. I have a suspicion that this may be a case of there being more than one side to the story.

Don't forget "Big Brother is watching you".

Well not so much watching as reading WHEN YOU TELL THE ENTIRE PLANET SOMETHING ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Might just be my point of view, but nothing the club has done has negatively affected my loyalty.

Nor mine. Yet. My point is that 3 pretty trivial problems have been solved with the sledgehammer, fire wouldn't knock Keith Lard approach. Standing in stadiums isnt allowed. How far off is the stand up at any point during the game and you are out mail?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ami still allowed to berate match officials, for their continued bias against Brighton? [emoji6]

I can’t be bothered to revisit the additional 10 pages that have appeared since I first visited this thread.

I guess, I would like to understand whether individuals get a warning before being banned or whether the club just issue a ban.

Why five games?
Are we setting a precedent expecting other PL teams to follow?

Is it based on content of the media. Is a particular offence deemed worse than another? After all, I haven’t read the police are involved, so presumably, the person concerned has been a bit stupid/ill advised.
Supposing the phone had been ‘borrowed’ as a prank?

Can the accused defend themselves?

Does besmirching the club include stating that a referee is a pillock or similar. Or other teams are twats?

How are the club protecting our club? Still unaware of any Palace apology for poo-gate. How about the stick Bong got on social media?

However, all of that said, I do applaud the club acting on issues such as this and agree with bottle tops not being allowed (ours were confiscated at Bournemouth). Just think they need to be careful how this goes and where the line is drawn....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ami still allowed to berate match officials, for their continued bias against Brighton? [emoji6]

I can’t be bothered to revisit the additional 10 pages that have appeared since I first visited this thread.

I guess, I would like to understand whether individuals get a warning before being banned or whether the club just issue a ban.

Why five games?
Are we setting a precedent expecting other PL teams to follow?

Is it based on content of the media. Is a particular offence deemed worse than another? After all, I haven’t read the police are involved, so presumably, the person concerned has been a bit stupid/ill advised.
Supposing the phone had been ‘borrowed’ as a prank?

Can the accused defend themselves?

Does besmirching the club include stating that a referee is a pillock or similar. Or other teams are twats?

How are the club protecting our club? Still unaware of any Palace apology for poo-gate. How about the stick Bong got on social media?

However, all of that said, I do applaud the club acting on issues such as this and agree with bottle tops not being allowed (ours were confiscated at Bournemouth). Just think they need to be careful how this goes and where the line is drawn....

I assume you'd also applaud them for not allowing coins into matches on entry? After all, they are a much bigger threat to players if thrown than bottles tops...

Let's be honest, if you don't trust your fans to not throw bottle tops, then you can't trust them with pretty much anything in the stadium, including but not limited to coins.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I assume you'd also applaud them for not allowing coins into matches on entry? After all, they are a much bigger threat to players if thrown than bottles tops...

Let's be honest, if you don't trust your fans to not throw bottle tops, then you can't trust them with pretty much anything in the stadium, including but not limited to coins.

The issue is people shouldn’t throw anything and as pie gate has shown, they can’t be trusted.

Put your thumb over the top [emoji2]

Edit - we struggle to detect pyrotechnics so I would imagine those willing to take a risk will manage somehow.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Agree about the transparency re: incidents like this.
PS: The defence of Bong and public criticism of the booing, abuse and disappointment at the incident by Hughton ( he called the Burnley boos "shameful") and others has been consistent and vocal from the club.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We're only a single incident away from introducing NFL style rules on clear bags of a certain size only.
Unfortunately it's the way of the world.

Within a few years I think it will be introduced as mandatory at all Premier League grounds.

Things are ever going to become more relaxed, they will only become more strict.

NFL Clear Bag Policy

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We're only a single incident away from introducing NFL style rules on clear bags of a certain size only.
Unfortunately it's the way of the world.

Within a few years I think it will be introduced as mandatory at all Premier League grounds.

Things are ever going to become more relaxed, they will only become more strict.

NFL Clear Bag Policy

Indeed.

Incidentally the draconian terms and conditions that one may find online or in season ticket renewal paperwork is simply standard issue. If you check the terms and conditions of your employment it probably contains similar. I have never bothered to check mine but doubtless if I started slagging off my employers on Twitter and they found out I'd be for the high jump. Or on NSC.

oh.

:facepalm:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis

I think that you're missing the point.It's not the bottle top that is the problem, It is a bottle with a top on that is the problem.

A full bottle with a top on will travel like a brick when thrown. A bottle with no top on it and with the liquid falling out won't travel as far or as accurately. It becomes all wobbly when moving. Hence the international rule at most major stadiums not to allow bottle tops.

However in lieu of the bottle top ban I feel stadiums should make water and cups freely available for spectators.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I

However in lieu of the bottle top ban I feel stadiums should make water and cups freely available for spectators.
For about the 5th time.

Water is freely available in the stadium.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also for about the 5th time if you are prepared to queue at one of the concession stands already packed with people trying to buy booze and pies

Jesus wept, this is getting fookin ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here