Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your biggest disappointments as as Albion fan?

D

Deleted member 2719

Oh yeah, I remember being a “valuable asset” from the mid-90s during the Bellend/Archer/Stanley years....

I think we all that we had no value to those guys, but king Dick valued the punter and the fan and could see the bigger picture from Gillingham and on. But we are now in the money era and the punters cash is not so relevant. Barber needs to look beyond and bigger, mind you he just thinking of the hear and now for himself. So looking after the customer will only happen if it suits his agenda.

Anyhow Deano showed still be at the Albion in a senior position.:bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we all that we had no value to those guys, but king Dick valued the punter and the fan and could see the bigger picture from Gillingham and on. But we are now in the money era and the punters cash is not so relevant. Barber needs to look beyond and bigger, mind you he just thinking of the hear and now for himself. So looking after the customer will only happen if it suits his agenda.

Anyhow Deano showed still be at the Albion in a senior position.:bowdown:

You should be directing this at TB, Barber is doing what TB pays him to do, he’s not some renegade fan losing dictator walking the corridors of the Amex :smile:

D

Deleted member 2719

Was that the one where he had seven years to sign his daughter up for the Young Seagulls scheme, didn't bother until it was too late, then threw a strop at the club for not accomodating him?

You obviously don't have children Frutos my daughter only became interested at 7 so it's not the case I was 7 years late.

I also see the club and customer/fan should have a mutual respect and work #together.

I miss the deadline by 2 days and get rudeness and a rigid policy with no foresight.

Who's the winner?

No one, anyone who is in business should know negotiating is a 2 way street.

There were multiply ways it could of been resolved, e.g. because you missed the deadline we are happy to give you one a shirt at half price.

The club still make profit.

I am happy and spend thousands of pounds for years to come.

No foresight.

Just because the majority think I am wrong doesn't make them right.

People said we would never fly,
People thought No one would pay hundreds of pounds for a phone and then change it every year.

foresight
foresight
foresight.

D

Deleted member 2719

You should be directing this at TB, Barber is doing what TB pays him to do, he’s not some renegade fan losing dictator walking the corridors of the Amex :smile:

I am not saying Barber hasn't got his skills, but he should stick to what he is good at and not be in everyone else's space. He probably even tells the toilet cleaners what to do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Boro away, Ramirez, Mike Dean, gloating Boro w*nk*ers only wanting to start aggro rather than celebrate cheating their way to promotion at our expense. Couldn't get out of that desperate shithole fast enough.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If disappointment also means anger - then boro **** Ramirez cheating by getting Stephens sent off.

I was and still am livid at that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If disappointment also means anger - then boro **** Ramirez cheating by getting Stephens sent off.

I was and still am livid at that.

Complete and Utter Shyster is the current generation’s Ron Challis. ****.

That was a shit time to be an Albion fan, after a fantastic season being cheated and then living with gloating Weds when we lost four players to injury and the ref not spotting the push on Dunk when it looked like we could turn it around in the second leg.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
5-0, losing the play off semi then poyet’s behaviour, being cheated at Boro and that draw at Villa. And losing the Goldstone but over it now.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
14M on Locadia and the fee for Elvis. Still its not my money, so I'm not that gutted.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I sort of knew that was the last chance Brighton would get to reach the top flight until the Amex was built.

Same here. With the club having tight owners post-Bamber, always selling our best players, I knew that was a now or never moment. The wins, including a stack of away wins in 1990/91, with a great little squad including John Robinson, Bissett, Pates, Gatting, Wilkins, Byrne - loved it.

https://youtu.be/KJyaX_o8Q1g

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Notts County play-off final
Was so confident before the game and losing was never an option
Even though they were 10 points better than us over the season man for man we had a better team
Whole game was a blur now but we were never in the game
Think that day was the first ever been properly deflated in my life

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Notts County play-off final
Was so confident before the game and losing was never an option
Even though they were 10 points better than us over the season man for man we had a better team
Whole game was a blur now but we were never in the game
Think that day was the first ever been properly deflated in my life

Plus our coach took bloody hours to leave the Wembley car park.

A colleague said CP fans gathered on bridges over the A23 in Croydon that evening, to sneer at Albion fans.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Still a bit annoyed we didn't claim the Championship trophy.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not just Brighton but football in general. So many local people who cant afford or justify a ST. now have to pay £40/55 to watch a game.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Missing out on promotion 75/76 season.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yes, good old Smithy - I remember well the saturday afternoon I turned up in the Gillingham car park when he got our of his car with his dreads in a plastic bag instead of on his head!

Ahhh. The Gillingham days.
Terrible football, shafted by the owners, four-hour round trip to home games, no ground, non-league bound, Palace doing well.
But aside from that, it was brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here