Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LATEST TV - Utter Waste Of A Freeview Channel?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Was really pleased when I first heard about Brighton getting its own TV station. With all that goes on here their should have been a good range of quality items to include.

But that became disappointment when I saw the content, presenters etc. How did these people get hold of the licence?

Now only watch snatches when I surf the channels looking for something different. Don't stay long though.

My impression is it's largely LGBTG biased. Is that your opinion?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I dunno. The odd times I've flicked over it's been ok?

At that end of the channel list I don't really expect much as everything is low budget but the music review show is watchable and I flicked over the other night and watched the Whitehawk game from Saturday.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Although, this interview isn't too bad, despite the backdrop of scaffolding right next to the sea :ffsparr:

[video]http://thelatest.co.uk/brighton/2016/06/17/meet-man-67000-burpees-charity/[/video]

D

Deleted member 2719

Imho it is and to be frank therefore it's aimed at a minority of residents, that said anything owned by the utter gash that is Latest Homes was destined for clusterfluckdom

When i read the gash and Homes bit it made me flick back to the 70's..................... i know i know it was Holmes.:rock:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I quite like their Non-League Show which features local Sussex teams. Also they've just started a show about the Albion Women's team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hsrvXRG0sM

Presumably the budget for the channel is miniscule which is reflected in the programmes but it isn't as bad as some are making out.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They had the Sheff Weds away match in full on that channel last night and I tried to watch it but gave up after about 20 minutes because the commentary was just so poor. Whoever was responsible sucked all the life out of the match and kept apologising for getting the wrong players. Now, I'm no expert when it comes to who is who in the team and until recently couldn't tell Baldock and Kayal apart but to get Murray and Baldock mixed up?

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I I imagine the budgets involved are hilarious and the whole thing is held together on chewing gum and good will.

They have absolutely no money. Never have had. The only content they can broadcast is stuff that costs them nothing. They've approached several people I know about filming shows / events etc. to broadcast on the channel, and the fee has always been absolutely f-all. Literally, zero.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It is a poor channel, but I suspect this is down to budget. The poor production values do make it unwatchable, the picture quality is awful which makes even some of the more interesting content difficult to stay with.

There is more than enough going in this town and the surrounding area to provide content for some interesting programming but latest tv does not provide it. Looks like a wasted opportunity.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They had the Sheff Weds away match in full on that channel last night and I tried to watch it but gave up after about 20 minutes because the commentary was just so poor. Whoever was responsible sucked all the life out of the match and kept apologising for getting the wrong players. Now, I'm no expert when it comes to who is who in the team and until recently couldn't tell Baldock and Kayal apart but to get Murray and Baldock mixed up?

Just about sums it up really.

Anybody on NSC with any genuine media ambitions - and there's LOADS of very smart, very funny and very talented people on here - could kick the existing useless wankers on that channel into touch in two shakes of a lamb's tail. Tho they probably won't. Probably hamstrung by the same age-old Brighton affliction in that they can't actually be arsed. It's an affliction that's affected Brighton bands for decades. So the crud rises to the top. Same as it ever was.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
They have absolutely no money. Never have had. The only content they can broadcast is stuff that costs them nothing. They've approached several people I know about filming shows / events etc. to broadcast on the channel, and the fee has always been absolutely f-all. Literally, zero.

Ah that's a shame. I don't think anyone should work for nothing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just about sums it up really.

Anybody on NSC with any genuine media ambitions - and there's LOADS of very smart, very funny and very talented people on here - could kick the existing useless wankers on that channel into touch in two shakes of a lamb's tail. Tho they probably won't. Probably hamstrung by the same age-old Brighton affliction in that they can't actually be arsed. It's an affliction that's affected Brighton bands for decades. So the crud rises to the top. Same as it ever was.

You make a good point. I recall when we played Burnley last year that they have a couple of die-hard fans giving deliberately skewed and heavily biased commentary. I genuinely would prefer to hear 2 Brighton fans doing an over the top summary than the soporific efforts they currently have.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I take it that living out here, just east of Lewes, means I can rejoice in the fact that Latest TV is not available on Freeview.

Reminds me of the old TVS days when we in West Sussex would get football news from (in order of prominence) Saints, Pompey, B'muff, Oxford(!!!!) and then Brighton. Apparently, those in East Sussex got the Medway news and all the latest from Gillingham.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

bit like the radio then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here