Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
First half we were appalling. Changed the system at half time and we were superb. In truth we created enough chances in the second 45 minutes to win 3 games; a draw flattered Bournemouth in the end.

Benteke is a f*cking animal. Superb player. A couple more signings in key areas and we'll be a cracking side this season.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This game showed the good and bad of Palace.
1st half, we were woefull, playing a 442 system, with Wickham out wide, was never going to work.
Pardew tweaked it at ht, and we were magnificent 2nd half.we had numerous chances, and it felt like it wasn't going to go in.
Finally scored at the death, but we should have been out of sight by then.
Hopefully 2 or 3 signings incoming ( whispers of Stephens again yesterday) and it's looking a good squad.
Jury out on Pardew.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
This game showed the good and bad of Palace.
1st half, we were woefull, playing a 442 system, with Wickham out wide, was never going to work.
Pardew tweaked it at ht, and we were magnificent 2nd half.we had numerous chances, and it felt like it wasn't going to go in.
Finally scored at the death, but we should have been out of sight by then.
Hopefully 2 or 3 signings incoming ( whispers of Stephens again yesterday) and it's looking a good squad.
Jury out on Pardew.

He's guilty of making a complete @rse of himself (and the club) - trust me...

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
Presumably you're waiting to see if they return a verdict of "shit" or "completely and utterly shit"?

If he can keep us up again and another great cup run ( Wembley is an amazing stadium, like a bigger Amex ) then "shit" will be fantastic. Another 170 million as well.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Funny seeing palace on here celebrating a lucky home draw against Bournemouth.

Champions League they told us.

:lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If he can keep us up again and another great cup run ( Wembley is an amazing stadium, like a bigger Amex ) then "shit" will be fantastic. Another 170 million as well.

I think you lot need to decide whether your goal is Europe, top half or escaping relegation and report back as mixed messages are being received at this end.

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
I think you lot need to decide whether your goal is Europe, top half or escaping relegation and report back as mixed messages are being received at this end.

Can't speak for the rest on here, but personally top half is great, but staying up for me is the goal. I'd love Chris Coleman to come in as well. As much as it pains me I think Brighton will go up quite comfortably this year. I think we are both really missing a couple of games like that.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Can't speak for the rest on here, but personally top half is great, but staying up for me is the goal. I'd love Chris Coleman to come in as well. As much as it pains me I think Brighton will go up quite comfortably this year. I think we are both really missing a couple of games like that.

It says a lot about Pardew that staying up is a goal, he is just not good enough. Apart from being thoroughly dislikeable.

As for Brighton, I think their only chance this year is via the play offs but don't think they will do it. Last year was their big chance.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It says a lot about Pardew that staying up is a goal, he is just not good enough. Apart from being thoroughly dislikeable.

As for Brighton, I think their only chance this year is via the play offs but don't think they will do it. Last year was their big chance.

How on EARTH have you only just worked out about Pardew being dislikeable?

Also, you know as well as anyone that the best teams don't always get promoted, and that a big dose of good fortune is as important as ability, so we're still in with a shot :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here