Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray to sign today...

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I've always maintained it's about the shirt - the players wearing it are largely professional transients, apart from notable exceptions like Ian Champan and, recently, Calde. He's the sort of player we've lacked and he'll be wearing a Brighton shirt, so will get no stick from me. But I can't say I like this - anybody who sods off up the road for nothing, and then scores a load of goals for them, including against us, is never going to be Captain Popular in my house.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ithe players wearing it are largely professional transients, apart from notable exceptions like Ian Champan and, recently, Calde.

these ex prem players who come here, don't care much for the shirt and are largely professional transients...Shocking

[tweet]733553429503565824[/tweet]

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I've always maintained it's about the shirt - the players wearing it are largely professional transients, apart from notable exceptions like Ian Champan and, recently, Calde. He's the sort of player we've lacked and he'll be wearing a Brighton shirt, so will get no stick from me. But I can't say I like this - anybody who sods off up the road for nothing, and then scores a load of goals for them, including against us, is never going to be Captain Popular in my house.

Not Calde who was off to our rivals at Southampton surely. So what did you expect Murray to do while playing at the Amex for Palace and Reading, sit in the centre circle pretending to be a guard or teacher

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Cor some right types posting on here. Hes a proven goal scorer at this level and above, has signed as what I imagine is the replacement for Zamora, we havent paid any money for him.

Yet all people care about is that he went to the scum up the road. Didnt he want to stay, yet Poyet was on one of his ego trips and didnt want to offer him slightly more money. He has come back and will bag us goals, stop moaning and whinging.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
chaileyjem - I never suggested they don't care; they're professionals with the same standards of personal professional pride as the rest of us. You can always find players who'll commit to the club, give 100% and engage with the support. That doesn't change the fact that they are, again, like most other employees, professional transients.

Gazwag - I'm familiar with what happened in Calde's case. But nobody could argue what then transpired over his time with the club. He became a Brighton man, and the evening held in his honour suggested that everybody else feels the same way. I would argue, though, that the feelings he has for this club are closer to matching the fans' sentiments than the majority of pro players.

Like I said - I realise how things are, and Murray will not be getting any stick from me. It's certainly the signing of a good player. But I don't have to like what happened with Palace - I'm a supporter and as such my feelings for the club are not rational, or objective, or even necessarily sensible. They're visceral and instinctive and that's just how I feel. :shrug:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Might jump up if he ever scores but I'm not clapping him. You can't make me.
AND I hope come next May I am proved to be very much in the wrong.

I've got a day off so I might go and hang round the training ground to give him a piece of my mind.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
As I said on the other Murray thread (how many more do we need?)....this is a reunion of convenience. Murray wasn't getting playing time and lives in Brighton, Albion have benefitted from the experience of former favourites last season and don't have huge amounts to spend on strikers. Like a relationship that broke down, followed by 5 years separation and promiscuity on both sides, the reconciliation is tenuous at best! Let's hope it works, but it is anything but romantic!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As I said on the other Murray thread (how many more do we need?)....this is a reunion of convenience. Murray wasn't getting playing time and lives in Brighton, Albion have benefitted from the experience of former favourites last season and don't have huge amounts to spend on strikers. Like a relationship that broke down, followed by 5 years separation and promiscuity on both sides, the reconciliation is tenuous at best! Let's hope it works, but it is anything but romantic!

Good summation

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Cor some right types posting on here. Hes a proven goal scorer at this level and above, has signed as what I imagine is the replacement for Zamora, we havent paid any money for him.

Yet all people care about is that he went to the scum up the road. Didnt he want to stay, yet Poyet was on one of his ego trips and didnt want to offer him slightly more money. He has come back and will bag us goals, stop moaning and whinging.
Exactly. He did not want to leave in the first place.

I've got a day off so I might go and hang round the training ground to give him a piece of my mind.

Presumably it won't be a big piece as you might find it difficult to find him in Lancing today and you might need to retain as much as you can.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Try Gatwick and a ticket to Tenerife.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Cor some right types posting on here. Hes a proven goal scorer at this level and above, has signed as what I imagine is the replacement for Zamora, we haven't paid any money for him.

I'm sure we'll have paid something in the way of loan fees.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
PROFESSIONAL footballer (JOB) born in MARYPORT
Played in WORKINGTON, BARROW, CARLISLE, STOCKPORT, ROCHDALE before starting a new JOB at BRIGHTON.

I can't really get THAT upset that, when his WORK CONTRACT runs out, he seeks new employment in Croydon.
Don't really think you can allege he should have had some sort of loyalty to Brighton, 400 miles from his home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here