Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace tell players to pay up to keep playing

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] Just sponsoring one NSC Lady would be comedy GOLD!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Squad of say 18 x £250 = £4,500 we have around 7,000 active users don't we? = £0.65 each.

That said, if people are serious I'll go £100, this is just too funny!

I'm sure we can put BG down for a pony. Just tell him they play stoolball.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I must confess I know nothing about ladies football and sadly care less ( that's my bad ) but I read this earlier.

To be honest, I can't see why this is even an issue. If you follow CPLFC on the various media outlets, you will have seen that most of the first team have got sponsorship to cover these fees.

CPFC cover some of the finances, but basically, the Ladies are still an independent club with the same need to have financial input from members as any other non-professional club - in fact most clubs in professional football ask fans or companies to sponsor players, so this is a quite ridiculous story.

As said its not anything that would be on my radar.

They're not an 'independent club' - they are the Crystal Palace FC ladies team, supposedly A PART of Crystal Palace Football Club. For your spiv chairman to cut them adrift financially and say "sort it out yourselves" is pretty dispicable tbh. I can understand it in the lower leagues, where finances are infinitely more stretched. Notts County had to disband their ladies team as the club could not afford to continue to sponsor them, but then they're at the arse end of the league with an income of buttons.

But for Palace, a club thats been in the Premier League for 6 years, to balk at paying a measly £6-£7k to keep them going is absolutely rancid. Moreso the patronising, mealy-mouthed letter to each player trying to justify it.

I'm proud that BHAFC is very much #together with this kind of thing. By contrast, CPFC2010 have, as usual, lived down to expectations. Classless, from top to bottom.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We blame the club but cant you equally 'blame' the fans?
Obviously none of them are willing to pay to watch their ladies team or they wouldn't be reliant on sponsorship.

Of course, a smarter person than I might say that the fans can hardly be blamed for steering clear of the Palace ladies team.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I'm sure we can put BG down for a pony. Just tell him they play stoolball.

I would put some money in for a laugh. oooooh Stoolball used to play that when I was at Elm Grove school in the late 70's. Forgot about that game I think it must be a sussex thing, nobody I spoke to in Reading has ever heard of it, also get strange looks when calling an alleyway a twittern.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Like the sponsorship idea from NSC

I also chuckled at the club statement which included 'They are encouraged to find sponsors to help raise the club’s profile and forge links with the business and employment community'

Perhaps they should ask Zaha and the rest of the team to likewise go out and raise the club's profile.

If that's the case perhaps NSC should sponsor Benteke for each goal scored, it won't cost us much (if anything)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would put some money in for a laugh. oooooh Stoolball used to play that when I was at Elm Grove school in the late 70's. Forgot about that game I think it must be a sussex thing, nobody I spoke to in Reading has ever heard of it, also get strange looks when calling an alleyway a twittern.

You're lucky it's only strange looks, missionaries usedvto get eaten in days gone by.:D

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South

Ah there is a blast from the past, went to Elm grove infant school sadly long before you though!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
They're not an 'independent club' - they are the Crystal Palace FC ladies team, supposedly A PART of Crystal Palace Football Club. For your spiv chairman to cut them adrift financially and say "sort it out yourselves" is pretty dispicable tbh. I can understand it in the lower leagues, where finances are infinitely more stretched. Notts County had to disband their ladies team as the club could not afford to continue to sponsor them, but then they're at the arse end of the league with an income of buttons.

But for Palace, a club thats been in the Premier League for 6 years, to balk at paying a measly £6-£7k to keep them going is absolutely rancid. Moreso the patronising, mealy-mouthed letter to each player trying to justify it.

I'm proud that BHAFC is very much #together with this kind of thing. By contrast, CPFC2010 have, as usual, lived down to expectations. Classless, from top to bottom.

Talking out of your arse again, there's a surprise. They are independent of the men's team, most teams players in their league have to find their own sponsors to pay their way. Anyone has to pay their subs in amateur sports.
I realise that the money is a drop in the ocean compared to the money that is generated. I would much rather see the club support kids football or even something like the REMF, if the women fancy playing football then let them pay for it, the same way that the vast majority of adults have to pay for themselves when they are playing sport. It's hardly a vast amount as you say, I pay far more than that in course membership each year.
As for people spouting on about equality, who can they complain about? Considering they have no legal connection to CPFC.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Squad of say 18 x £250 = £4,500 we have around 7,000 active users don't we? = £0.65 each.

That said, if people are serious I'll go £100, this is just too funny!
Yes, to be a meaningful lark I think it would have to be the whole team - but only if the sponsorship mentioned Brighton and Hove Albion - great and popular though NSC I don't think the majority of Palarse supporters would recognise what 'NSC' was.
'Sponsored by Brighton supporters on NSC' or something like that maybe. Get hat sorted and you know what? - I'd be seriously thinking about chipping in with .......... well, £50 quid anyway!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Really? So why is there a link to Palace Ladies on the CPFC website? Seems to be some sort of connection...

He is a Palace fan, don't worry they always try to justify the unjustifiable. Any normal person would agree it seems a bit sh!t, but not them.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Talking out of your arse again, there's a surprise. They are independent of the men's team, most teams players in their league have to find their own sponsors to pay their way. Anyone has to pay their subs in amateur sports.
I realise that the money is a drop in the ocean compared to the money that is generated. I would much rather see the club support kids football or even something like the REMF, if the women fancy playing football then let them pay for it, the same way that the vast majority of adults have to pay for themselves when they are playing sport. It's hardly a vast amount as you say, I pay far more than that in course membership each year.
As for people spouting on about equality, who can they complain about? Considering they have no legal connection to CPFC.
You have to play fair. Our ladies team played in that league last season and I'm sure our club paid their subs, but then again they are fully run by our club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No legal connection eh?

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/ladies/

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Same shirts, space sponsors, link from the cpfc site. Yeah no 'legal' connection :ffsparr:

You lot are so deluded you probably think Jonny Williams is going to come good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here