Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The whole thing about bottles being untopped goes back many years. I remember the first match I went to after moving up here was against Carlisle in late 1997, and they made us take the tops off our water bottles. My missus was really pretty annoyed at being considered a hooligan. It's self-defeating in a way, because you need the water to keep your throat damp enough so your voice lasts into the second half. And if you have to dash for a train home afterwards keeping on buying drinks makes the whole day more and more expensive.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, my father and his mate threw a millwall fan back into their crowd when he climbed into the west stand and hit a woman sat next to me in the front row...it was like the film Zulu where these idiots were trying to get into the main stand.

Wasn't that also where two police dogs were kicked really badly by their fans?

Well done your dad and mate then! Can't remember about the dogs, but I remember a few of their fans climbing into our stand and causing havoc. They were all wearing balaclavas, and I am pretty sure I saw a brick go hurtling up into the West. A lot of people have rightly condemned Millwall for their hooligans, but I have read comments praising their bravery. It wasn't particularly brave to climb into a stand full of old codgers and children. I am not sure if it was that match, but I saw a person who had been stabbed after the game, my father tried to shield me from seeing but you know how inquisitive children are. That was outside the West and almost on Old Shoreham Road.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, my father and his mate threw a millwall fan back into their crowd when he climbed into the west stand and hit a woman sat next to me in the front row...it was like the film Zulu where these idiots were trying to get into the main stand.

Wasn't that also where two police dogs were kicked really badly by their fans?

Was that the match where they originally put them in the Chicken run...but as it was a tad wet they decided to run across the pitch pre match and occupy West 'Lower' (I was in the south..early for a change)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Was that the match where they originally put them in the Chicken run...but as it was a tad wet they decided to run across the pitch pre match and occupy West 'Lower' (I was in the south..early for a change)

I think you are right. I had completely forgotten about their change of location. I remember my dad not being very pleased with their arrival immediately in front of us. I can imagine some of the denizens of the West lower were even less so.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
You are allowed to take a flask on the underground but not into the Amex

Looking through the list there are hardly any of those items banned from the tube - smoking, weapons and maybe gas cannisters. Luckily Barber isn’t in charge of London Transport.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The problem is that the club think disabled people are just in wheelchairs. I carry a medical card with me, and I have to have water with me at all times.

The club make a big thing of being inclusive with their mural on the club shop window, but ignore the needs of disabled fans.

Bit unfair, the Albion have been superb on disabled related issues whenever we have needed to contact them, other disabled fans we sit with all offer high praise too for their services.

Give the club a call,
Disability Liaison Officer
Oliver Riley
0344 3246282

The statement today read
"Where we are able to do so, we will also assist any supporter with a medical condition which requires specific food or drink to be brought into the Amex. Any supporter with concerns in this area should contact supporter services for assistance."

Have you contacted them already with regards to your needs?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bit unfair, the Albion have been superb on disabled related issues whenever we have needed to contact them, other disabled fans we sit with all offer high praise too for their services.

Give the club a call,
Disability Liaison Officer
Oliver Riley
0344 3246282

The statement today read
"Where we are able to do so, we will also assist any supporter with a medical condition which requires specific food or drink to be brought into the Amex. Any supporter with concerns in this area should contact supporter services for assistance."

Have you contacted them already with regards to your needs?

Yeh, but why pass up the chance of a good moan?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here