Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Mercedes help

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
The handbrake on a Mercedes is actually a foot pedal.
On the left hand side.
I had to ask in the garage where it was with mine so you’re not alone!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Once you're used to diving a car with a proper auto hand brake, using an old school one is a right pain in the arse. The auto ones do vary massively though.

E.g. VW Golf, works perfectly and makes driving so much easier, never even have to use the brake switch. Brilliant.

Ford Mondeo, semi auto thing which is more hassle than a manual one and uses a crappy plastic switch that feels like it's going to snap off. Shite.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Mercedes is Latin for wages. Does that help?

CoolTed

Nov 2, 2015
Many years ago I had to hire a car because mine had broken down. I was already late and became increasingly annoyed with the amount of paperwork involved before I was given the keys. But the guy was a nice chap, just doing his job, so I kept my frustration to myself.

Finally, he took me to the car - a Mondeo. As we approached it, he asked me if I was familiar with the vehicle or if I needed him to explain the controls. Here was a guy, half my age, asking me if I knew how to drive a car! But I showed restraint and just said, as I took the keys out of his hand and got into the car, "I can see it's a right hand drive, so I think I might be able to manage."

"That's fine, Sir, I can see you are an experienced driver" he said, "But I will just draw your attention to the two levers under the seat. One allows you to adjust its position, the other triggers the ejector seat". As he closed the door, he added "I will leave it to you to find out which one is which."

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Many years ago I had to hire a car because mine had broken down. I was already late and became increasingly annoyed with the amount of paperwork involved before I was given the keys. But the guy was a nice chap, just doing his job, so I kept my frustration to myself.

Finally, he took me to the car - a Mondeo. As we approached it, he asked me if I was familiar with the vehicle or if I needed him to explain the controls. Here was a guy, half my age, asking me if I knew how to drive a car! But I showed restraint and just said, as I took the keys out of his hand and got into the car, "I can see it's a right hand drive, so I think I might be able to manage."

"That's fine, Sir, I can see you are an experienced driver" he said, "But I will just draw your attention to the two levers under the seat. One allows you to adjust its position, the other triggers the ejector seat". As he closed the door, he added "I will leave it to you to find out which one is which."

Cool story, cool Ted..... You need to post more often :)

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The handbrake on a Mercedes is actually a foot pedal.
On the left hand side.
I had to ask in the garage where it was with mine so you’re not alone!

Hired a Middle East spec large Renault saloon which had a foot pedal handbreak. I did just about work it out before driving off

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Once you're used to diving a car with a proper auto hand brake, using an old school one is a right pain in the arse. The auto ones do vary massively though.

E.g. VW Golf, works perfectly and makes driving so much easier, never even have to use the brake switch. Brilliant.

Ford Mondeo, semi auto thing which is more hassle than a manual one and uses a crappy plastic switch that feels like it's going to snap off. Shite.

Really? How hard is it? It's not even like you have to use it that often? I like mechanical stuff, less to go wrong. Probably.

* I've got a mate, always know when he's turned up by the crunch of his handbrake cos that little button is oh so difficult to push in.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here