Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Cheapest meal/snack EVER

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Just got an indate sandwich for 9p from Sainsburys and it was delicous (9p!) Free range egg tomato and tangy salad cream
Anyone who can beat that for a cheap skate?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just got an indate sandwich for 9p from Sainsburys and it was delicous (9p!) Free range egg tomato and tangy salad cream

hmmm, how tangy?

i got chicken thighs from Tesco hot counter few weeks back reduced to 50p for 2, but 4 in the pack. very tasty (and not tangy).

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
hmmm, how tangy?

i got chicken thighs from Tesco hot counter few weeks back reduced to 50p for 2, but 4 in the pack. very tasty (and not tangy).

Chicken thighs are under rated
It wasnt that tangy to be honest, it just said it on the packet. Tasted more like mayo, I'll report back tomorrow if it goes wrong. Fresh as a daisy it seemed though

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
You are almost sage like

I see it like this with chicken
Wings belong on a barbecue/braai
Legs belong on a party buffet
Breasts belong roast/stuffed or as a proper meal wrapped in something
Thighs belong in a casserole or hot pot

If I was on desert island discs I would be torn between a chicken or a pig to take with me, both very versatile creatures (in terms of eating)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I see it like this with chicken
Wings belong on a barbecue/braai
Legs belong on a party buffet
Breasts belong roast/stuffed or as a proper meal wrapped in something
Thighs belong in a casserole or hot pot

If I was on desert island discs I would be torn between a chicken or a pig to take with me, both very versatile creatures (in terms of eating)
Thighs belong in the oven. Slowly cooked then wacked up to max.

Another great way is to place them in a frying pan skin side down on a very low heat for a long time.

The fat renders out (you need to remove it every now and then) and the skin turns to a crisp glass. You then turn them over to finish off. Salt and pepper etc...

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Thighs belong in the oven. Slowly cooked then wacked up to max.

Another great way is to place them in a frying pan skin side down on a very low heat for a long time.

The fat renders out (you need to remove it every now and then) and the skin turns to a crisp glass. You then turn them over to finish off. Salt and pepper etc...

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

I have (I beleive not) ever oven cooked thighs, it is more of a stewing type meat for me

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
thighs in oven all day long, at least once a week here, with home made wedges and coleslaw.
thighs marinated in olive oil, cayenne pepper, garlic, paprika and cumin.
all seasoned well at the end,
happy days all round

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Popped into a Baker's Delight store here 5 mins before closing and got a fine Kate and Sydney pie for $1, I think that equates to around 50p.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here