Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich fan on Hughton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Win today and I will share your enthusiasm. Remind me when we last won at Home, not doing it again very soon is likely to drop us into the bottom 3 imo.

2 games ago.
If you didn't expect a win v Chelsea that becomes 1 game ago.

Given where we were in late September that would very definitely be relegation form over the last few months.
Oh I missed this bit, concentrating on the fact we won v Watford.

In late September we weren't far off where we are now.
The Albion were 5 points above relegation, but many many posters choose to ignore that and concentrate on the false position of 10 (or whatever it was)

I guess we can safely say which camp you were in.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
2 games ago.
If you didn't expect a win v Chelsea that becomes 1 game ago.

Oh I missed this bit, concentrating on the fact we won v Watford.

In late September we weren't far off where we are now.
The Albion were 5 points above relegation, but many many posters choose to ignore that and concentrate on the false position of 10 (or whatever it was)

I guess we can safely say which camp you were in.

The camp that expected a season long struggle, which one are you in then?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The camp that expected a season long struggle, which one are you in then?
Reality. :thumbsup: :lol:

The crying and blubing on here, this week has been completely out of proportion to the actual season so far.
Your post typifies that when asking 'Remind me when we last won at Home?', it was 2 freakin games ago, one if which was a free hit.

The team isn't rubbish.
The manager is no more 'negative' than he's always been.

When the September window slammed shut only a myopic crazy person would suggest this season will be anything other than bloody hard work.

So let's celebrate the fact that the team aren't already cast adrift at the bottom.
Embrace what has happened, most recently a valuable point away and the Chelsea performance, and look forward.
Instead of making up doom just because a team comprising of (not the feet not the feet) Glenn & (I'm trying so hard) Tomer haven't been effectual up front.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Reality. :thumbsup: :lol:

The crying and blubing on here, this week has been completely out of proportion to the actual season so far.
Your post typifies that when asking 'Remind me when we last won at Home?', it was 2 freakin games ago, one if which was a free hit.

The team isn't rubbish.
The manager is no more 'negative' than he's always been.

When the September window slammed shut only a myopic crazy person would suggest this season will be anything other than bloody hard work.

So let's celebrate the fact that the team aren't already cast adrift at the bottom.
Embrace what has happened, most recently a valuable point away and the Chelsea performance, and look forward.
Instead of making up doom just because a team comprising of (not the feet not the feet) Glenn & (I'm trying so hard) Tomer haven't been effectual up front.

Err bollocks, direct me to a post I have made this week when I have been crying and blubbing...being pissed off we tried to sit on a lead for 70 mins was just pure frustration and no, as you can probably guess, I don’t think CH walks on water or gets everything right. My faith has wavered with some of his tactics and substitutions but being a struggling team is not really a surprise to me and I don’t want him gone.

It seems any discord is classed as bedwetting these days. Not a believer in “just be glad to be here and remember where we came from”. I am sure the club are actually aiming higher and not accepting this wet excuse for anything that they get wrong on or off the pitch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stat and Icy, you both know, on Nsc, you can only be a bedwetter or a licker (both odious stereotypes) and nothing inbetween is allowed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Err bollocks, direct me to a post I have made this week when I have been crying and blubbing...being pissed off we tried to sit on a lead for 70 mins was just pure frustration and no, as you can probably guess, I don’t think CH walks on water or gets everything right. My faith has wavered with some of his tactics and substitutions but being a struggling team is not really a surprise to me and I don’t want him gone.

It seems any discord is classed as bedwetting these days. Not a believer in “just be glad to be here and remember where we came from”. I am sure the club are actually aiming higher and not accepting this wet excuse for anything that they get wrong on or off the pitch.

I never said you were crying and blubbing, but did state how your ridiculous question is a good example of that.

I don't understand how you can only now be so frustrated by CH's tactics and substitutions.
As said the manager is no more 'negative' than he's always been.
I agree with the frustration but after all this time I'm used to it and certainly not surprised, for every Norwich at home there's at least 2 Newcastle/Villa performances.
As for substitutions they are even more text book in their predictableness.
We can both put today's substitutions and times to the relevant score now, and be fairly confident of being near enough.

I despise the 'remember where we've come from' approach to supporting, as you can tell I blame all this seasons woes on not recruiting a proper striker, in the summer.

What I don't understand is how players x,y, & z are suddenly blamed for not doing stuff they've never done
Or how the manager has suddenly become negative when this thread alone proves there's nothing sudden about it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't get this.

The wrong end of a freak result v Chelsea.
Drew with Bournemouth.
Beat Watford
Drew With Burnley
Similar result to Chelsea v Liverpool.
November = undefeated at home :wink:
October = undefeated at home :wink:
September = 100% at home.
August = lost to Man City. Whoop-de-do.

Sure there are too many draws, 2 annoying displays of class, but I don't see the Albion as any more relegation bound than 10 other teams.
I came out of the Chelsea game buoyed, really impressed with the performance and confident this team, with the addition of some firepower, could easily be 'safe' before the shite run in.
You've gone and shown your true colours again.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Fair Comment however if we could overcome our Achilles Heel, we have a good defence and if over the season so far, they had been as ineffective as in attack, we would have been cut adrift.

Solid in defence??... sadly one whiff of a corner or free kick anywhere near our box and our much vaunted back 4 seem to revert to Sunday pub league division 5 standard of concentration.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've gone and shown your true colours again.

I just don't see the point of making shite up to slag off all things Albion, when there's plenty of actual facts to get stuck into.

'I'll get titsy about Jose not putting in crosses, but ignore the fact he's been pretty ineffectual when cutting inside', sort of stuff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just don't see the point of making shite up to slag off all things Albion, when there's plenty of actual facts to get stuck into.

'I'll get titsy about Jose not putting in crosses, but ignore the fact he's been pretty ineffectual when cutting inside', sort of stuff.
Annnnd you're back.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I vividly remember being cast adrift at the bottom being a regular occurrence, not weekly, but annually.

15th in PL is dizzying.

Or maybe that's just a heavy cold and my medication

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Solid in defence??... sadly one whiff of a corner or free kick anywhere near our box and our much vaunted back 4 seem to revert to Sunday pub league division 5 standard of concentration.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Why do posters exaggerate to make a valid point. Yes, we have had a problem with corners, but not to the extent you're trying to make.

Southampton had 7 corners on Wednesday. We didn't conced from one of them. We did concede from a free kick.
Your point would have been better if you'd commented on our defence concentrating for the full 93 minutes.
A very valid point.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

:thumbsup:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Just because we are all aware of CH's tenancies as a manager and didn't voice concerns about them before doesn't make them less justified to voice them now.

For me, if you want to continue to evolve in your career you need to be able to adapt and change. CH's tactics, with the players he has had at a number of clubs in the Championship have worked wonders, unfortunately those same tactics in the Prem have ****ed him twice before already. I cannot believe he doesn't see this.

If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got....

Probably the most apt saying you could attribute to CH, for better and for worse in different situations ....

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Apologies for starting a new thread, I did read the one when he was appointed, but can't seem to locate it now after I had to wait a day or two for mods to accept my account.

Firstly, I was disappointed to see all the negative comments about NCFC in that thread. Not sure why so many of your fans seem to have taken issue with us, as we generally get on well with other team's fanbases, and I have particularly fond memories of Brighton away about 10 years ago, my first away game with my mates and how well we were treated by Brighton fans, who were nothing but absolute gentlemen towards us, and helped us out with getting the bus to the ground etc.

Anyway, the main point of my post was to give my insight as to Hughton. I think he is a good appointment for you, with the position you are in at the moment.

He didn't work for Norwich, but I do think he is a very good Championship manager, as opposed to a capable Premier League one.

No doubt he was working against circumstance with the position we were in at the lower end of Prem, but he spent 12 million on strikers and then played a system which played to neither Hooper nor Van Wolfswinkel's strengths, resulting in a haul of just 6 goals between them, which was the primary reason we went down to be honest. He presided over a record transfer spend, then employed awful, negative tactics and never had a plan B. This is epitomised at 2-0 down after 30 mins against Man City, and he took a striker off and brought a Defensive Mid on to limit the damage. You might say that's sensible, but when you're in the moment, it's the most embarassing, disappointing display of lack of faith in his players. Basically he looked out of his comfort zone, and out of his depth.

My main problems with him was the negative, horrible football, lack of Plan B, (at Easter in his first season, we went 4 of 6 games without registering a shot on or off target) and absolute ineptitude with subs. He made 64 subs last year before any of them came on and scored, or even got an assist. No other manager in any division managed to have such little impact when making subs last season.

I do think, with another manager, we would have comfortably stayed up last season, and I said in November that if he was still in at Christmas, we were going down. The football we played was diabolical, I've never been less impassioned about Norwich than I was under CH. You may say that's circumstance, bottom end of the Prem etc. But Swansea, So'ton prove that is not necessarily the case if you have the right man in charge.

Overall CH just didn't fit with us, and what we wanted to achieve, and he never looked like a comfortable fit for the club. He did do some good things in the first season, we went on a 10 game unbeaten run, and put several of the big boys to the sword.

Having said all of that though, I do think he is a top manager at this level, and I think you will do well with him at the helm. Personally, I would not want him at Norwich for round 2, but that is purely based on the baggage that would be attached to that reality, rather than lacking faith in his ability. He had Bham and Newcastle playing lovely stuff. What he did at Newcastle is slightly marred by the fact they were a Premier League squad playing in the Champs, but he worked miracles at Birmingham and you only have to look at their struggles since he left to realise what an excellent job he did there.

I wish Chris nothing but good fortune, although it did not work out with us, he is a really nice bloke and deserves to be successful. I would be concerned if I were you with his ability to change a game if you go behind, but he will certainly make you more solid at the back so hopefully that won't happen too often.

It is absolutely nailed on you will sign Bassong off us by the way - he refers to Hughton as a "father". I suspect you may take Elliot Benno too, seems Adams doesn't like him for whatever reason - I think he's a decent player, but he doesn't seem to get a look in with us at the moment so I think best for all parties if he gets the move that I presume he wants, to BHA.

Good luck to Hughton, and good luck to yourselves for the rest of the season, genuinely hope he can help you put the struggles behind you and pushing on up the table.

Nope, struggling to recognise any of this.

Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here