Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For all the doomers and gloomers

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Too many fans have been clinging to the hope that certain struggling teams wouldn't have a resurgence....." Oh its ok, Swansea are shit...they are doomed....West Brom haven't won since August....Huddersfield will start to slide " etc etc. Well its wake up and smell the coffee time now. A number of managerial changes have seen a recovery in attitude and form. Carvahal and Pardew got awful stick on here but have re-ignited their teams and the 7 point gap has gone in the blink of an eye.
While all this has been going on, we have been sliding inexorably towards the bottom 3. The manager has not identified problems quickly enough and has been too slow to change. The players have been making more and more mistakes and we are being exposed.
The next four games will decide our season. My worry is that I am not sure we can improve enough to get the requisite number of points ( 7+ )

I agree with this and was guilty of all of the above. I thought Palace were doomed, then wrote off both Swansea and West Brom. Now we are in a real scrap with the 2 other promoted teams and hope one other hits worse form than us. Lets hope the tactics change as quite frankly the fact is they have not so far

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree and I think it’s to late. Momentum is everything at this time of the season.

Momentum IS everything, you're spot on.

But it's not too late to get some. This time last year Palace were doomed, even Allardyce couldn't get a bounce on joining.

At great expense in new wages and fees, they brought several new quality first teamers in this window, then started getting key wins.

Hopefully by this evening, Hughton has a squad with quality throughout, to give us that chance too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pretty accurate.
8 points out of the last 39 would have seen most managers shown the door. The away form has been deplorable. One point from the last six games and that includes games against Huddersfield , Newcastle ( both on the slide ) and WBA ( no win since August ) and no goals scored.
The real worry for me, is how the discipline at the back has fallen apart. We played 14 games up the end of November and conceded 14 goals, with a GD of -1. The last 10 games have seen 19 goals conceded and our GD is now -16. Unless this improves dramatically and gets back to pre-December levels, we have no chance of survival. The manager has persevered with a shell-shocked Duffy ( post Dublin ) and a struggling Bruno and it has dragged us down. Dunk's confidence and form has taken a knock and the opposition no longer regard us as resilient. They know that if they can score early against us, we will struggle to come back.

Agree with all of this with the exception of Bruno, we let in more goals when he is off the pitch than on it.

The change of formation was foolish IMO, whilst it aided Schelotto, because he is excellent going forward, defensively he is lacking.

The excellent point you made on defensive discipline is key, and Schelotto has very little from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The biggest difference for me is that all of the teams that are either experiencing or have experienced a ‘bounce’ this season have better squads with players that have many PL games under their belts. We’re so green it’s unbelievable. We’re an incredibly pedestrian and pleasant team. Obviously I absolutely cannot stand the thought of it, but I can see us finishing 20th. We’re expecting/hoping for performances that I don’t believe we have in the locker.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If it wasn't for the clubs that had been poor, we'd have been in the bottom three weeks ago.

What a pointless comment. Presumably if we go down you'll be saying, "If it wasn't for the fact three teams were worse than us, we'd have been relegated".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a pointless comment. Presumably if we go down you'll be saying, "If it wasn't for the fact three teams were worse than us, we'd have been relegated".

SOME Albion fans got rather excited about the pending relegation of Palace, Swansea and co, as if the league's decided in October. That had such low points tally's, that it took months before falling like a stone Brighton, Hudd and Newcastle were caught. Giving a false impression of all's rosie with the Albion PL campaign for a long time, despite LLLLL.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our record over the last 12 or is it 13 is dreadful. We are that team that comes along every season that plummets from mid table. Gonna be very hard to stop it. We don’t even make a game of it against the top six when they press us. United letting us play being the exception but we still lost, all the other strugglers have beaten a top six team, whereas we are beaten before the game even starts. We need to accept that we might get a thrashing and actually compete outside our final third of the pitch.

I will be ecstatic with a point tonight but expect a comprehensive defeat.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Our record over the last 12 or is it 13 is dreadful. We are that team that comes along every season that plummets from mid table. Gonna be very hard to stop it. We don’t even make a game of it against the top six when they press us. United letting us play being the exception but we still lost, all the other strugglers have beaten a top six team, whereas we are beaten before the game even starts. We need to accept that we might get a thrashing and actually compete outside our final third of the pitch.

Not followed your posts on other threads. Are you ecstatic?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

I'm wondering if your still ecstatic with a point tonight?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not followed your posts on other threads. Are you ecstatic?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Having taken the lead, which I never expected and then been what sounded like over run for the rest of the game I guess I should be, but I lied I am not ecstatic at all

We were supposed to be bottom tonight. We're not, we don't even have the worst goals against. We're sitting pretty thank you very much. Top six side, should have taken at least one, but we were our own worst enemies in front of goal, could have easily skanked a draw. We are desperate for a scoring centre forward. But getting into the mire because Bruno is to old or Hughton to defensive, or whatever... blow it out yer arse cos you don't know much about what is put in front of you. Just saying like. :smile:

What if all the new forward achieves is take Murray’s nine goals out of the team? The problem last night was an abysmal midfield that could barely compete with one of the worst form teams of the league

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What if all the new forward achieves is take Murray’s nine goals out of the team? The problem last night was an abysmal midfield that could barely compete with one of the worst form teams of the league

SOUNDED ( I wasn’t there) that Murray was probably our one of our best players along with Dunk and Duffy last night too.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What did Schelotto do wrong last night?

Did you go?

He was dreadful defensively, can’t track anyone, March constantly ended up at RB. Great going forward, but there are times to sit as well.

In the first half, I said to someone, where is Duffy? Then saw him at RB as Schelotto was still upfield!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Did you go?

He was dreadful defensively, can’t track anyone, March constantly ended up at RB. Great going forward, but there are times to sit as well.

In the first half, I said to someone, where is Duffy? Then saw him at RB as Schelotto was still upfield!

Yes. I went. Seems odd to single him out. If March was capable of ever winning a 50/50 rather than arriving late and flapping a toe at it, he might have had a more comfortable night. Wasn't brilliant but who was? I'd point the finger collectively at the attacking aspects of the performance, Murray excluded, not the defence.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes. I went. Seems odd to single him out. If March was capable of ever winning a 50/50 rather than arriving late and flapping a toe at it, he might have had a more comfortable night. Wasn't brilliant but who was? I'd point the finger collectively at the attacking aspects of the performance, Murray excluded, not the defence.

I wasn’t in terms of last night, he was okay other than the lack of defensive discipline.

The original post that you quoted was made before the game and was an observation about Schelotto in general.

March was poor as was Gross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here