Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenneth Zohore

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Name me one other club in Premier League history to start a season with a worse selection of strikers than a 34 year old who has barely played in the top flight and a player who most would agree has no attributes to make an impression at this level and struggled to get in our team last season.

Other fans may still be looking for more, but they're starting from a much stronger position than us. Watford signed Gray, Newcastle signed Joselu, Huddersfield signed Mounie, West Ham signed Hernandez, Stoke signed Jese, West Brom signed Rodriguez, Burnley signed Wood, Southampton got Gabbiadini in January. I don't think it's being overly dramatic to suggest the club most in need of a striker being the one not to have signed one with four days to go is likely to pay the price.

Have some respect for the players that got us here in the first place. And if you think the club isn't prepared you are deeply misguided.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The heart defect is irrelevant. We've left it late by trying to sign the Ghanaian and now whoever we are after at the end of August. That's just a simple fact and, in my opinion, we'll end up massively overpaying for someone as a result.
The simple fact is recruitment is much more difficult than youre simply putting it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So how did all those I listed above manage it? It's not like I'm saying we should have got Lukaku or Morata, there are ten clubs who have signed a striker we could have gone for and realistically competed to sign.

Hard to argue with that but plenty will....

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
The simple fact is recruitment is much more difficult than youre simply putting it

Precisely. Especially as a newly promoted club. Remember when we weren't that club? You'd always look and wonder "why has he gone there?" That player could've waited a year for an established team. I find this new fan sensibility really worrying. Just be thankful for what we have and start enjoying it rather than bitching about what we don't have.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
When you can't answer the question and have nothing of value to say, resort to swearing and irrelevant comments. Textbook[emoji106]

You are talking complete sense.

Trying to find the "value" striker that doesn't exist or has not been found is gonna cost us. Recruitment team have failed this summer so far.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Name me one other club in Premier League history to start a season with a worse selection of strikers than a 34 year old who has barely played in the top flight and a player who most would agree has no attributes to make an impression at this level and struggled to get in our team last season.

Other fans may still be looking for more, but they're starting from a much stronger position than us. Watford signed Gray, Newcastle signed Joselu, Huddersfield signed Mounie, West Ham signed Hernandez, Stoke signed Jese, West Brom signed Rodriguez, Burnley signed Wood, Southampton got Gabbiadini in January. I don't think it's being overly dramatic to suggest the club most in need of a striker being the one not to have signed one with four days to go is likely to pay the price.

You make a good case for the prosecution, and I'm sure in an ideal world we would have completed our business sooner, but nothing is ever as straightforward as it seems when you don't have all the relevant facts.

Let's give the club the benefit of the doubt and see what they can pull off by the time Jim White does his thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are talking complete sense.

Trying to find the "value" striker that doesn't exist or has not been found is gonna cost us. Recruitment team have failed this summer so far.

Do you remember a couple of seasons ago when the value striker couldn't be found because of the transfer window bubble?

It is funny how the club have dressed up the same excuse over so many seasons, and posters are still surprised that we have 1 fit striker, who has limitations, (but I loves) 3 games into the biggest season ever.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Do you remember a couple of seasons ago when the value striker couldn't be found because of the transfer window bubble?

It is funny how the club have dressed up the same excuse over so many seasons, and posters are still surprised that we have 1 fit striker, who has limitations, (but I loves) 3 games into the biggest season ever.

Getting to that point where we will see his serious we are to stay in PL. without a doubt Transfer record will get smashed in order to get a striker in...( sad thing is, if we acted sooner, could have potentially saved millions!!)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Unclench

sinex.jpg

And.....

Exhale.

Better?

Trust the board. Or ... bid for the club. Or...

Well, your go..... suggest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Normally I enjoy your posts. What exactly does that have to do with anything at all? Please don't join the bedwetters. Our 6 year old had a tantrum this evening. Most of it was a tantrum about the shame of having another tantrum. Now that is what I call dressing up the same excuse... :facepalm::lolol:

Things are what they are. Our very clever boys are on a learning curve. Do we emulate Stoke, Swansea, Burnley? Do we try our own way? Players are expensive. I see no evidence of tightwaddery. I see no evidence of shit or bust. I am very happy with my club. It may not work out this season.... but I'm hopeful it will. See You Next Thursday punk::thumbsup::salute:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Normally I enjoy your posts. What exactly does that have to do with anything at all? Please don't join the bedwetters. Our 6 year old had a tantrum this evening. Most of it was a tantrum about the shame of having another tantrum. Now that is what I call dressing up the same excuse... :facepalm::lolol:

Things are what they are. Our very clever boys are on a learning curve. Do we emulate Stoke, Swansea, Burnley? Do we try our own way? Players are expensive. I see no evidence of tightwaddery. I see no evidence of shit or bust. I am very happy with my club. It may not work out this season.... but I'm hopeful it will. See You Next Thursday punk::thumbsup::salute:
Pretty much as it is, this is just a repeated cycle of 'strikers are to expensive', but consistently said with an element of surprise.

I don't know what's more frustrating, the club engineering this exact same situation again, or Chailey reading this and starting the same bloody row.

How can the club possibly be surprised that the transfer market, that was in a bubble, overcooked and now hyper inflated has exploded on the exact same window income was raised by stupid %.
[MENTION=4009]forumwayseagull[/MENTION] nails it above.

It will happen, deals will be done, Tony will have to pay over the odds, but if he acted sooner, could have potentially saved millions!!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Would you have took a chance if it was your £10m?

Not possible to answer in those terms as I dont have that sort of money. Contextually it represents probably about 1% of TB's wealth and about 3-4% of his total investment in the club to date; would I put an equivalent amount of my wealth in? TBH, I probably would but that is said without knowing the full details. And we are now in a position of being held to ransom by vendors or shitting ourselves hoping Liverpool a) complete business that Klopp wants by Thursday; b) feel like loaning Origi/Ings to us. You have to see the chance in that context too - the EFFECTIVE cost of Dwamena may only be say £3-4m given the extra we may have to find this week for Zohore/ANO.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here