Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mickey thomas

kjgood

So just just met Mickey thomas who told me that Peter Ward was the best forward he ever played with and said how he didn't make to be an England great is beyond him. He told me we signed him when he was drunk on a huge wage for half a million and sold him after 20 or so games for £200k. He described the goldstone as a one stand ground which in 82 I suppose it was.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Jonathan Pearce for Capital Gold: "Lukic out to Dixon, Dixon to Smith, Smith up to Michael Thomas, Thomas into the box.....MICKEY THOMAS!!! MICKEY THOMAS!!!!"

Even if Leicester do win the Prem it'll never top that finish to a top flight season. Oh, you meant that Mickey Thomas!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Jonathan Pearce for Capital Gold: "Lukic out to Dixon, Dixon to Smith, Smith up to Michael Thomas, Thomas into the box.....MICKEY THOMAS!!! MICKEY THOMAS!!!!"

Even if Leicester do win the Prem it'll never top that finish to a top flight season. Oh, you meant that Mickey Thomas!

Aguero?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Is this thread not about Mickey Thomas the Welsh Wizard and not Michael Thomas Arsenal Lege?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Often forgotten but would have to go into that team of great players everywhere else but for Albion.

Team could include Phil Beal, Joe Kinnear, Frank Stapleton, Willie Young and that Ferguson bloke with the beard who was so good for Coventry., & Robbie Savage.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
So just just met Mickey thomas who told me that Peter Ward was the best forward he ever played with and said how he didn't make to be an England great is beyond him. He told me we signed him when he was drunk on a huge wage for half a million and sold him after 20 or so games for £200k. He described the goldstone as a one stand ground which in 82 I suppose it was.

Two things here, he didn't get called up for England much simply because he played for Brighton, its just the same now too, you could be the best English striker in England at the time and happen to play for Brighton,
but who would sell more tickets for an England match if they played ? A Brighton player or a Man Utd player ? If you get my meaning.
Secondly, regarding Brighton being a one stand ground. If he means its the only place where noise comes from throughout the match again it still is ! The North Stand.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

When exactly did he play with Peter Ward ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Took the pi$$ out of the club, then sold his story to the press taking the pi$$ out of the club.

Can't stand the bloke.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here