Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia Video - Fills me with confidence for the future

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I've no idea what Sammi is looking so cheerful about. Our Club must be an awful place to work. The last chap rushed back to a Club in a war zone as fast as his little legs would carry him. His goalkeeping Coach tweeted the other day, a video with sirens going of in the background, and commented that it wasn't the best situation for getting a team ready for a match. It didn't sound as if he was enjoying himself. :lolol:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
....I know this has been asked before but what is Seagulls Player like now? Worth £40 a year or whatever it is?

Had it before and got rid as I thought it was all a bit amateurism, that was pre amex days though. Is it better now?

The club made content is of a decent quality, often excellent but the player quality is terrible IMO. I've started chromecasting the videos to my tele and the quality is bloody awful.

The club obviously spends a fair amount on video production but is let down by the 'insert club name' player facility.

With our decent fanbase and being based in a city with one of the major new media centres outside of London I hope, soon enough the club will provide their own content as well as live commentary and more live reserve match steams. Time to ditch 'player' I say, the club could produce something of much higher quality and we can produce a decent, user friendly website too.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm getting a man crush, he's a very impressive man.

Really hope it works out.

It needs to work out,be it a year or be it 3 more,i hope whatever and whenever it happens,he walks the walk as a manager,rather than just talking the talk,i could wait,so long as we build what Gus set out to,let's hope he is in it for the relative long haul..

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I guess the difference is that now they do the running as part of a planned fitness / nutrition / hydration regime, plus they monitor everything with the heart monitors they wear all the time (well, at least whilst training) so it's far more scientific. Can only be a good thing.

perhaps one of these whizz-bang physio's can get their melon around buckleys hamstring/groin issues and get him playing week after week, get him a on a course of roids while they're at it ..and the keeper walton ,he looks like i could blow him over with one of my botty burps...!!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Sorry to be div but what is the player content? Highlights and such?

Yeah the videos produced by the club. When videos are released by the club on you tube they are in perfect hd quality but awful through player.

Dont think you were being a div, I just didnt explain myself very well.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sorry to be div but what is the player content? Highlights and such?

Match highlights (more than 10 mins or so minutes per game)
Weekly press conferences (both manager and players)
Womens highlights
Under 21 highlights
Other interviews
Live match audio

It's also worth noting that you can log onto most clubs in the football league's pages to see their videos of games too.

I'd say it's worth it. But it could be better. A lot better.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Match highlights (more than 10 mins or so minutes per game)
Weekly press conferences (both manager and players)
Womens highlights
Under 21 highlights
Other interviews
Live match audio

It's also worth noting that you can log onto most clubs in the football league's pages to see their videos of games too.

I'd say it's worth it. But it could be better. A lot better.

Ta. Out of those I'm probably interested in the top two only (possibly the other interviews depending on what they consist of).

Is it still flash based or have they joined the HTML 5/alternative world?

Yeah the videos produced by the club. When videos are released by the club on you tube they are in perfect hd quality but awful through player.

Dont think you were being a div, I just didnt explain myself very well.

Oh! I was assuming you just meant content from other providers i.e. highlights from away games and not everything. That is a bit disappointing! It's not like delivery of video content is hard these days. Agree with you the stuff I've seen on youtube has been very good. Are the club/football league still bound by some daft 100 year (massive exaggeration...or was it) contract to that awful PTV company?

Just had a look and notice you can by on a monthly basis so I'll give it a go and if it's crap I'll cancel it (I assume the monthly deal has no minimum contract?) and if it's great I'll pay for an annual subscription.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] - it's still flash based :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here