Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'new kit thread' thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Surely it still could have been an iron on logo but look a lot better than the final outcome?
I don't get why the white looks so different, unless the shadow around the panel is tricking the eye.
Also why it overlaps by the tiniest amount making it look like an error.

20140703-115730-3083_420x315_w.jpg

:nono:

It looks like such an after thought, like someone designed the shirt and went to pack it away and suddenlt remebered!!! No problem, lets whack this terrible sticker on it :lol:

If I didn't know better I would suspect that it was a poor photoshop effort :lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Surely it still could have been an iron on logo but look a lot better than the final outcome?
I don't get why the white looks so different, unless the shadow around the panel is tricking the eye.

:nono:

It's made of a different material, it's never going to be exactly the same shade of white as nylon that it's stuck to. It is a bit of a poor solution to the problem.

Reminds me of the old Sandtex panel that we had on the kit at Gillingham. Someone made Donatello stickers to put over them! :clap: :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Also why it overlaps by the tiniest amount making it look like an error.

I think that's the easiest bit to explain.

If the panel was designed to be exactly the same width as the space form edge of blue stripe to edge of blue stripe there would be absolutely no margin for error when it came to applying the panel to the shirt. That would mean if the panel wasn't applied to the required position, to the millimetre, there would be a tiny blue strip on display between the advertising panel and the next white stripe on one side or the other.

I suspect shirt manufacturing tolerances are not that precise so a small overlap has to be designed in.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The thing is. Nike need to produce a template with broken stripes for a sponsor, But they won't. Because that costs more money. Which is not something they're interested in.

As other people have said on here. It's not going to change, so we're going to have to lump it. Even Juventus have a stick on panel the same as ours. It looks crap, but Nike won't do anything to accommodate it. For anyone.

It ruins the kit, but that's the price we pay for the most lucrative kit deal in the club's history I suppose.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think that's the easiest bit to explain.

If the panel was designed to be exactly the same width as the space form edge of blue stripe to edge of blue stripe there would be absolutely no margin for error when it came to applying the panel to the shirt. That would mean if the panel wasn't applied to the required position, to the millimetre, there would be a tiny blue strip on display between the advertising panel and the next white stripe on one side or the other.

I suspect shirt manufacturing tolerances are not that precise so a small overlap has to be designed in.
I found this and thought oh hang on, they can get it bang on the line.....

And then I found these 2 efforts which would infuriate those of us with OCD and those who obsess over the back of the shirt. Terrible work by Nike :lol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Well done Phil! Saw this early but couldn't seem to find it again for love nor money!
Did you have any difficulty getting the Bukta ones made? Curious as there are thousands of small printers out there and ironically enough I do find the away kit and third kit a bit lack lustre coming straight out of the the catalogue! Home shirt for Junior already on order from club for his birthday though.......
Likewise could you save me a one or two of the Bukta + badges, have a an old one that I might apply them to!
Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here