Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you feel if Tony Bloom sold the club to the Chinese?

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
People talking about Sky and them losing interest in the PL in the not-too-distant future.....I reckon some other broadcaster would probably jump at the chance to move in.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
People talking about Sky and them losing interest in the PL in the not-too-distant future.....I reckon some other broadcaster would probably jump at the chance to move in.

Sky aren't losing interest. Subscription renewals are driven more by the Premier League than any other element of the business.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Well you say that, Brighton at Withdean was probably worth two tenths of FA, I'd guess?
Now Sir Tony has "invested" around £200m in what is now Brighton as a team, The Amex, The Academy and a team on the brink of the Premier League. What would you value the club at today, possibly less than £200m, I don't think so when you look at the assets and poetntial to a foreign investor, many of whom "may" onlu be washing their dubious gains?

If Southampton are being bought for £225million, if we got promoted we would be worth that as well or not far short of it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Personally I would be gutted, and would also have TB committed to the FUNNY FARM.

He'd only get a small fraction of his money back if the club was sold, so unless he was skint, there is no logical reason in selling up.

Chinese investors have a number of reasons for buying into a club, but none of them are connected to a life long love of the Albion, something we all have in common with TB.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If Southampton are being bought for £225million, if we got promoted we would be worth that as well or not far short of it.

As I'm sure you're aware there are many different structures around investment, clubs are sold with certain assets included or not included, clubs can be sold with debt rolled in or debt cleared, the price may or may not be for the full group of companies, i.e academy land can be owned by other Directors or other Ltd Coys.

An academy with an upcoming U21s outfit and full Youth process behind may, or may not, be worth more than one that's already been asset stripped.

My point is without the full picture it's very hard to say what a clubs worth.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if you're not planning to spend big, then shirley you dont need someone with money?

it depends how we are doing...if we end up doing a derby, we may be forced into it

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
:cry: I love the fact we are fan owned, it means more to me then any division, players we can afford. What we achieve, we achieve together. Anything else would feel hollow. I can't see any Chinese owners going radio rental in the away end with the fans.

Jan 30, 2008
With the news that Southampton are now in talks to sell to a Chinese Bank which would mean they would become the 6th Chinese owned club in the country (Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion, Aston Villa, Birmingham City and Wolverhampton Wanderers) we have to face there is a realistic (if perhaps not likely) chance of our club being a target, particularly if we go up.

How would you feel if this happened?
kung po chilli chicken please
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here