Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Palace have the best academy in the country, so it must be in the category above this lot?

European Elite Academies-getting ready for their assault on a Champions League place.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finally big Sam has some time and space to work with his team.

Playing at home, in a relegation 6 pointer, plenty of coaching and film study time.

There's absolutely no way palace are dropping points on Saturday.
Nailed on 3 - out of relegation.

The steady climb to 11th or 12th starts this weekend, so enjoy the final days of peace, quiet and gentle goading.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

The steady climb to 11th or 12th starts this weekend, so enjoy the final days of peace, quiet and gentle goading.
While 11th or 12th might be pushing it, despite their woeful performances for the last 14 months, I don't actually expect Palace to go down. If I'm right, I shall be in the money.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Finally big Sam has some time and space to work with his team.

Playing at home, in a relegation 6 pointer, plenty of coaching and film study time.

:D

After losing at home to Swansea that was the time I started to admit we had had it this season. Just the way football goes sometimes, Defensive weaknesses and fragile squad confidence have not been addressed under BFS. Not BFS fault, Pardews mess.

We have enough games left to get out of it but I honestly can't see it happening.:ffsparr:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
:D

After losing at home to Swansea that was the time I started to admit we had had it this season. Just the way football goes sometimes, Defensive weaknesses and fragile squad confidence have not been addressed under BFS. Not BFS fault, Pardews mess.

We have enough games left to get out of it but I honestly can't see it happening.:ffsparr:

Thing is, at what point does it start to become BFS' fault? Can everything be attributed to Strictly Come Pardew for the foreseeable?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Thing is, at what point does it start to become BFS' fault? Can everything be attributed to Strictly Come Pardew for the foreseeable?

Mmm...If we go down i'd say 60/40 Dancing Al /BFS. The board also deserve some blame for hanging on to Pardew too long. Lets go 50/25/25 then :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mmm...If we go down i'd say 60/40 Dancing Al /BFS. The board also deserve some blame for hanging on to Pardew too long. Lets go 50/25/25 then :)

As much as I want Palace to go down, I look at your squad and wonder why you're in the position that you presently occupy.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
As much as I want Palace to go down, I look at your squad and wonder why you're in the position that you presently occupy.

So do the fans! A few things that come to mind..

Lack of cover at left back after Soares unfortunate car crash.
Selling Jedinak without buying a replacement defensive midfielder.
Lack of leadership on the pitch, See above.
Pardews entertaining 'new attacking, f*** defending' approach to the 2016/17 season.
Fitness levels seeming well below previous seasons.
Hennessey in goal again after being shaky for all of last season.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Pardews entertaining 'new attacking, f*** defending' approach to the 2016/17 season.

No to all of that.

You've bought a load of individuals.
You've forgotten to build a team.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Be honest: is Souare one of those players who's had the good fortune to have suddenly become much more valued because of his absence? I'm asking because whenever I've seen him play for Palace- admittedly only on MOTD or whatever- he's looked all over the place (and not in a good way).

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Be honest: is Souare one of those players who's had the good fortune to have suddenly become much more valued because of his absence? I'm asking because whenever I've seen him play for Palace- admittedly only on MOTD or whatever- he's looked all over the place (and not in a good way).

Yes, Was often found out of position defensively which costs us a few times.The plus side was though he was a natural left sided player and going forward he was decent giving the team better balance overall. But you did find yourself asking where is Souare 2 or 3 times each match!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, Was often found out of position defensively which costs us a few times.The plus side was though he was a natural left sided player and going forward he was decent giving the team better balance overall.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Amazing how a long term injury can often enhance a player's status in the eyes of fans. I've seen it happen here too, as we convince ourselves that, once so-and-so gets back to fitness, everything will be fine, conveniently disregarding any sub-standard performances said player may have displayed prior to injury :lol:

Personally, I'm convinced you'll probably weasel your way out of it, as logic and statistics dictate that you can't possibly be as bad as you have been for an entire season: you have to win a few games at some point. Obviously I hope you don't though :wave:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's not only this season they have been awful now, it's over a calendar year, and if you are that bad ,for that long, it takes a huge amount of hard work, application, and even luck to get out of the rut.
I'm really starting to think, they are going to go, the Sunderland game will have destroyed any confidence left, and ,from what I've seen, they have the hardest run in of all the relegation threatened clubs.
Hull, have had a new manager bounce, and look as if they are are up for the fight, Sunderland are probably going, but can spring the odd surprise result,for Swansea, read Hull, Boro are difficult to beat, and I think they'll have enough, Leicester are in the Brown and smelly, they need to step up fast ,or they could go, and Bournemouth have a tough run in and can't buy a win at the moment.
So, I think it's between Palace, Sunderland, Bournemouth,and Leicester, but, as we all know, it's football and it can all change over the course of the next month.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If Prince Charming plays it smart on relegation, he can raise enough money through player sales to overhaul his squad and still build a new stand as a legacy of all the PL money.

How smart is Charming, though ? ???

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

At least you've invested wisely in January on two left sided defenders/wing backs. Leicester were gutted to lose Schlupp, their reserve team has been severely weakened since he was given away for pennies. Van Aanholt was a mainstay of PL heavyweights Sunderland, a team renowned for their miserly defence, seems to have really made a difference too.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here