Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
:-( was excited that there maybe a little snow on the way, but no appears someone has ruined the run nattering about global warming?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
:-( was excited that there maybe a little snow on the way, but no appears someone has ruined the run nattering about global warming?

Looking at the model output this morning, I'd say there was a chance of some snow from the impending setup, but it might take a while, and will be very dependent upon the wind direction around the high pressure, both in terms of the precipitation potential, but also the air temperature.

One thing it will be is chilly to cold, with sharp frosts. and cold wind at times. As they say, let's get the cold conditions in place, and then the finer details can bring snow.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Nooooooooo....

We've only got 2 or 3 Saturday 3pms left.

Please don't let one of them be snowed off.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Looking at the model output this morning, I'd say there was a chance of some snow from the impending setup, but it might take a while, and will be very dependent upon the wind direction around the high pressure, both in terms of the precipitation potential, but also the air temperature.

One thing it will be is chilly to cold, with sharp frosts. and cold wind at times. As they say, let's get the cold conditions in place, and then the finer details can bring snow.

Thanks Papa for getting the thread back on track. I'd not heard of glowbull woorming before.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But remember we've had mild SW winds all winter

Give it a rest eh ? Goaded into coming back on. So you are telling me we have had a bitter winter with loads of snow then ? Ok, whatever you say ! It has been an absolute fcking NON EVENT Winter, again, like I said it would be back in December !

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Give it a rest eh ? Goaded into coming back on. So you are telling me we have had a bitter winter with loads of snow then ? Ok, whatever you say ! It has been an absolute fcking NON EVENT Winter, again, like I said it would be back in December !

Are we likely to get some snow in February though, it's usually the best chance in the UK right?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think we'd be unlucky not see some snow at least falling with the outlook as it is, but if you look at the chart below, there's not a huge amount of precipitation in the forecast...

graphe_ens3_fca4.gif

But air temperatures look to be pretty low (0-5C range).

graphe_ens4_ofv4.gif

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Are we likely to get some snow in February though, it's usually the best chance in the UK right?

No. The long awaited Easterly is too late now, there is no real cold from the direction it is coming from. Just chilly 5C daytime and 0C nighttime

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

I'd love a bit of snow but only this week and next. Not sure I like the look of any snow from the 20th onwards I'm off to get married abroad on the 21st

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd love a bit of snow but only this week and next. Not sure I like the look of any snow from the 20th onwards I'm off to get married abroad on the 21st

We're off skiing for a week from the 19th, so no doubt we'll have heavy snow back home whilst we're away.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We're off skiing for a week from the 19th, so no doubt we'll have heavy snow back home whilst we're away.

Have a great time! I was planning a trip but I have a broken very tiny bone in my foot that needs to heal first. Won't be at the Burton game so see you anon. Hi ho Tardis, away!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Chilly but dry for a few days and milder again next week. The game is up until next winter

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here