Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And he's building a wall without getting 3 quotes first! How reckless is that?

Ha. It's going to cost SOMEWHERE between $7.5bn and $15bn. That's some estimate!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He’s signing executive orders without consulting the US justice department, homeland security agencies etc. And this is just the start.

Which is a perfectly legitimate thing for the President to do, so your objection is what now?

... his laws, his country and he is the man in charge...
No. He is the President of a nation with a constitution that gives powers of veto to the judiciary and to the legislature. The signs are that the other branches of government might be moving themselves into position to challenge Trump. He certainly doesn't have the powers of a dictator.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
No. He is the President of a nation with a constitution that gives powers of veto to the judiciary and to the legislature. The signs are that the other branches of government might be moving themselves into position to challenge Trump. He certainly doesn't have the powers of a dictator.

This.

If he is commanding border forces to ignore federal court orders he is ignoring the constitution and should be impeached.

Yoda

English & European
A small price to pay for preventing thousands of illegals flocking in....Yes many will get in still but it's unsustainable at 7000 a week and something has to be done.

But, with what is thought to be the same number leaving every week, is and does it?

If anything, there has been a slow decline in the number of illegal immigrants in USA falling from 11.5m in 2011 to 11.3m in 2014 and Mexican's (who Trump seem's to have an issue with) only make up just over half that number.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He's playing it masterfully. I'm sure he's signed orders knowing they will end up being challenged and amended or blocked.

Then he can play on the fact he actually did what he said he'd do knowing all along the constitution would allow him a way out.

Those who voted for him will be satisfied he attempted some core promises.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
You've already modified your opinion from many to some of those who have signed the petition.

Oh, for f---ks sake, Thunder Bolt, if it makes you happy I will change it back to many/several/ a high proportion /substantial etc.
To be honest, I didn't even notice that. My reasoning remains the same.
Your posts are becoming increasingly irrelevant, so goodbye for now.:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh, for f---ks sake, Thunder Bolt, if it makes you happy I will change it back to many/several/ a high proportion /substantial etc.
To be honest, I didn't even notice that. My reasoning remains the same.
Your posts are becoming increasingly irrelevant, so goodbye for now.:thumbsup:

:wave:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Signed 812,502 times as I write.

Mainly in BRIGHTON. Good work.

http://petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.com/?petition=171928

No great shock here though, is there?

It's EXACTLY the kind of thing that a fair proportion of folk in Brighton would do. They'll then share it on Facebook so their like-minded friends can see that they're really sticking it to Trump. Yeah, that'll show him.

After those two minutes of highly radical action, they'll return to choosing their favourite organic quinoa recipe.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

It's EXACTLY the kind of thing that a fair proportion of folk in Brighton would do. They'll then share it on Facebook so their like-minded friends can see that they're really sticking it to Trump. Yeah, that'll show him.

After those two minutes of highly radical action, they'll return to choosing their favourite organic quinoa recipe.

You're writing this in your jimjams eating Frosties, right?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Maybe after the protest march at 6pm today.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28554842

Really? In theory reviewed by the Office for Legal Counsel but does not always happen.

i think its safe to say that while it may be legitmate for the President to issue the executive orders, the legitimacy of the order themselves is open to question on a case by case basis. he cannot overrule law or constitution. so without consultation with the relevant departments he is quite likely to be issuing orders that are either illegal or not practically enforceable, or both. we've already seen with each order issued how the White House is back peddling on implementation within hours.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

the signs eh!
the signs were that he would lose the election
the signs also were that we would remain in Europe
he is doing exactly what he said he would do
and you have signs that he will be there at least another 4 years
and I hope those who voted for him enjoy it
the signs are we are all in for a rough ride

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I'm unsure on what grounds the executive order has been issued, if it is because he regards airports in these seven countries identified to be insecure then he has a duty surely to do this. I have travelled previously in the middle east and east Africa and found security to be shocking. I was disappointed that Mo Farah and the tory MP, who's name escapes me, attempted to portray themselves as victims when clearly they weren't. As an addition to this I served with and have been on exercise with many American Muslem soldiers who were integrated into the US Army and marine Corps.
Something about the response to this that is not correct, where were the opposition marches when Israeli citizens were banned from certain Muslem countries, I was advised not get my passport stamped at tel Aviv if I wanted to travel to certain Muslem countries in the region. It was Ok for Tony Blair to invite Assaad here on a state visit, with little resistance from anyone. I may not like this policy, but he is not our president, is clearly breaking the mold of old, conscensus politics and is looking out for his country. he's done more in a week than Obama did in 8 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here