Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not a great performance but always difficult to break down an 11 man defence that seemed set up for 0-0 from the off

Cardiff fans genuinely rubbish

Point gained on Newcastle and Reading

Unbeaten in 13 and another clean sheet

Onwards and upwards

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
We have gained a point over a load of teams in the past 24 hours who should also have not dropped points against lower placed teams.

I get your point but that's their lookout. Their failings will come back and hopefully haunt them at the end of the season as it did us last season.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I thought before the last 3 games that 5 points will be fine and we have maintained the gap below us and gained a point above, so 5 points over the next 3 games will still see us in 2nd even if Reading beat Shef W, Leeds and Blackburn which I doubt.

Being unbeaten and solid at the back is the priority then it's down to the supply and taking our chances which we did create today.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The gap that matters is the one between 2nd and 3rd. So definitely a point gained today unless people are seriously concerned about taking the title. Promotion will do me.. 1st or 2nd, don't care. And, historically, the team that finishes 2nd has been more successful in the Premier League anyway.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well, we had much more creativity and urgency after Knocky came on. There was none before he came on. He looked pretty much back to his best for his 20 minutes, but then again he wasn't marked by two players as he has been for his previous two games. We looked like the only team who could score.

Dunk's yellow was indeed for hitting the ball away, but that doesn't cover why he did it, or where he hit it. A Baadiff fan held the ball after it went out for a throw in and eyed Dunk for 3 or 4 seconds before returning it. I don't want to say much more as I don't know if there can be retrospective action by the FL for any incidents involving fans, but you can guess where the ball that Dunk hit away (with his hand, not feet) ended up. There were afters at FT. 6 Baadiff fans lined up against the pitch side and baited Dunk. He bit (verbally) and digital gestures (single digit variety) were made.

Bong had another poor game, and his second yellow was stupid - he slid in from as far away as Bath. Stupid. It may be no bad thing that he doesn't play next game.

We need March and Kayal match fit ASAP. If (heaven forbid) Knocky gets a bad injury, today proved that there's no creativity elsewhere.

On the upside, we gained a point on Newcastle and are now 5 ahead of third. On he downside, Baadiff had conceded in each of their last 11 games. On balance, given the results around us, I'll take it. If our nearest competitors had had better results, I would probably be less generous.

We need to watch out for Dirty Leeds...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We've been poor for the last three games now, we are certainly out of form. Impressive that we've managed 5 points in that time, but we need to get our act together again asap.

Well done the large travelling crowd today, pretty much non-stop support despite there being literally nothing to get excited about.

:clap2:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
2 points dropped today for me. Cardiff were a very poor side and were there for the taking. A bit better in the 2nd half but altogether too pedestrian.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We dropped 2 pints today. Warlock sets his teams up, always, to be in the oppositions faces, winding them up. We always seem to fall for it. We are in a form trough which is a pity because the next 3 games looked winnable 3 weeks ago. We are missing Kayal.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We've been poor for the last three games now, we are certainly out of form. Impressive that we've managed 5 points in that time, but we need to get our act together again asap.

Well done the large travelling crowd today, pretty much non-stop support despite there being literally nothing to get excited about.

:clap2:
How many travelling fans !

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I was unable to come up with my Albion MOM

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
The gap that matters is the one between 2nd and 3rd. So definitely a point gained today unless people are seriously concerned about taking the title. Promotion will do me.. 1st or 2nd, don't care. And, historically, the team that finishes 2nd has been more successful in the Premier League anyway.

And currently our goal difference, being +17, is almost like having an extra point, as the teams belows goal difference is 1, 3, 2, 1, 4, -3 respectively :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here