Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] On line / Third party ticket sales.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
By checking what the seat number is and telling the stewards on the gate ?

But how would they know apart from when they get in...so I have a st and say I wanted to to "sell" my seat to someone for a sum of money, there is nothing to stop me and as my st doesn't have an id picture on it and no one would know?

I had a Liverpool fan offer me £200 for my ticket for the game in a couple of week...I didn't take it as if I can't go laura or my brother in law gets the seat.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So, that still begs the question, how can the club tell if you have purchased a touted ticket?!

Maybe Barber is spreading fake news!

Maybe they are selling duplicate tickets, you only need to buy one and print it at home 10 times. First one who arrives at the Amex gets in the other nine won't. Other nine go to the ticket office and the club find out the seat number so can either ban the original purchaser and maybe start criminal proceedings or if it is a season ticket holder who purchased the original ticket they would be banned. The person who got in can then be visited by a steward and chucked out.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So, that still begs the question, how can the club tell if you have purchased a touted ticket?!

Maybe Barber is spreading fake news!

if a STH requests a paper ticket, I'd have thought that would be enough for a 'stop and check' when they scanned it at the gate. In most cases person with ticket won't be STH.

There's no law that says you have to carry ID but I assume club would take the chance and refuse entry, and STH in cack too

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Because of this thread, I am more and more being convinced that no one/very few are getting banned. Of these 100’s that have been banned since the season started, does anybody know any of them? Genuine Question. I really hope someone does because I hate away and neutral fans taking up an Albion Fans seat (bought on the exchange) because of greed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because of this thread, I am more and more being convinced that no one/very few are getting banned. Of these 100’s that have been banned since the season started, does anybody know any of them? Genuine Question. I really hope someone does because I hate away and neutral fans taking up an Albion Fans seat (bought on the exchange) because of greed.

No idea about bannings, but people ARE being turned away at the gates when arriving and scanning paper tickets. I've seen it myself twice already.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

There's been plenty of posts on here about being people turned away when they try to enter the ground.

My guess is that most of those who are punting tickets on are not STHs but fans who are "members" only as they are opportunists. They buy a ticket only to punt it on for a profit. If they are banned from the club it's no great loss to them as they're not a fan, or much of one, anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here