Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed to Reading?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Absolutely. Southampton came 8th averaging just over a goal a game (41 in 38), along with Stoke, Burnley, Watford etc. We'll do well to score a similar amount....so in reality we're looking at something like one player in say mid-double figures, one on about 10, a couple on 7-8 and a few others chipping in.

I agree but who are these scorers going to be Mid Double figures, One on 10 ? I can envisage a couple on 7 or 8 and the odd ones chipping in it is just the top order I have problems identifying.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So out of curiosity I went for a HOBNOB to see what Reading fans thought of potentially signing Tomer.

Unfortunately all I found were 4 pages of "nailed on relegation" and suggestions we brought on the homophobia ourselves at Leicester. :laugh:

There was also some quite keen discussion on our signings, one could have mistaken it for an albion forum at times.

They seem to have very little interest in discussing this potential transfer and the player himself. :shrug:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
"When he was a year younger man" was key.

Then there's the question, outside of Real, Barca and Atletico, is La Liga of a lower standard making it easier to score 9 goals in a season there?

Why is that key? He's 30. Hardly a past-it age. The same age as Vardy, for example, who didn't reach his potential until his late twenties. Different players peak and decline at different ages. Hemed has never been one to rely on his speed for scoring goals anyway.

I don't know why people think the standard outside of the big 3 in Spain is lower than the Premier League. Go and take a look at the record of those kind of Spanish teams in the Europa League in recent seasons - they have generally performed much better than the Premier League teams. But that's not my point. As I have said, I don't know if he can replicate his goal scoring record in the Premier League (1 goal every 3.7 games, which actually makes 10 goals). They require different attributes to be successful in, for a start. But someone tried to use that record as a stick to beat him with, implying it's a poor record. 1 goal every 3.7/4 games is not a terrible record in Europe's top leagues. IF he can replicate that, then I would be extremely pleased with that contribution. And I wouldn't sell him for £5m. My general point was, don't make false equivalences by suggesting 1 goal every 4 games in any of Europe's top leagues is a poor record. It's pretty average compared to what we have been used to in the Championship, but when you make the step up to the Premier League, your goal scoring expectations have to be FAR lower.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Only 12 players in the ENTIRE Premier League scored 15+ goals last season, if that's what people are expecting.

Positions 8 - 21 top scorers:

8 - Southmapton: Nathan Redmond, 7 goals.
9 - Bournemouth: Joshua King, 16 goals.
10 - West Brom: Salomon Rondon, 8 goals.
11- West Ham: Michail Antonio, 9 goals.
12 - Leicester: Jamie Vardy, 13 goals.
13 - Stoke: Peter Crouch, 7 goals.
14 - Crystal Palace: Christian Benteke, 15 goals.
15 - Swansea: Fernando Llorente, 15 goals.
16 - Burnley: Sam Vokes, 10 goals.
17 - Watford: Troy Deeney, 10 goals.

Positions 18-20: irrelevant as three lowest scorers in the division and did not score enough goals to stay up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Only 12 players in the ENTIRE Premier League scored 15+ goals last season, if that's what people are expecting.

Positions 8 - 21 top scorers:

8 - Southmapton: Nathan Redmond, 7 goals.
9 - Bournemouth: Joshua King, 16 goals.
10 - West Brom: Salomon Rondon, 8 goals.
11- West Ham: Michail Antonio, 9 goals.
12 - Leicester: Jamie Vardy, 13 goals.
13 - Stoke: Peter Crouch, 7 goals.
14 - Crystal Palace: Christian Benteke, 15 goals.
15 - Swansea: Fernando Llorente, 15 goals.
16 - Burnley: Sam Vokes, 10 goals.
17 - Watford: Troy Deeney, 10 goals.

Positions 18-20: irrelevant as three lowest scorers in the division and did not score enough goals to stay up.

@BG has been right all along. #CrouchIN

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The problem is we don't expect Stephens, Kayal or Sidwell to score many while we just don't know what Gross, Proper, Dwamena or Izquierdo will do. Good teams will pen us back and it is vital we are able to break with pace. Similarly, it is also important that we have a target man we can hit. Hemed serves neither purpose.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The problem is we don't expect Stephens, Kayal or Sidwell to score many while we just don't know what Gross, Proper, Dwamena or Izquierdo will do. Good teams will pen us back and it is vital we are able to break with pace. Similarly, it is also important that we have a target man we can hit. Hemed serves neither purpose.

This.

He works hard for the cause etc but a ROI of c500-700% on this sort of player is a deal too good for anyone to turn down.

Makes the Dwarmena fee much less of a risk given relative age etc.

Thanks and all that TH but catch you later. We'll even pay his taxi fare from Reading station to the MadStad as it's harsh to make him walk that far.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Latest on Twitter is that Reading have offered £7m but we're holding out for £8m! :wozza::wozza:

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Latest on Twitter is that Reading have offered £7m but we're holding out for £8m! :wozza::wozza:

I don't think we would be holding out for more money.... I think we may be holding out until we nail down a replacement, money will come second.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I don't think we would be holding out for more money.... I think we may be holding out until we nail down a replacement, money will come second.

Completely. Unless we get a replacement it would be suicide to get rid of him. And if Dwamena doesn't get a work permit he won't go anywhere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Completely. Unless we get a replacement it would be suicide to get rid of him. And if Dwamena doesn't get a work permit he won't go anywhere.

If we'd don't get another striker in we'll be needing him for next season :smile:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Ohhhh, this is like Fast n Loud.

I wonder if Tony runs his fingers through his hair saying 'goollliiiieeeeee'

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Ohhhh, this is like Fast n Loud.

I wonder if Tony runs his fingers through his hair saying 'goollliiiieeeeee'

FullSizeRender.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd drive him there myself if they've offered that.

Good of you to volunteer so early. Can I verify who will be covering the petrol costs, if you would let Tomer choose the music for the trip and finally whether you'd buy a variety of confectionary.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
35 goals in two seasons in today's current market should command £10m at least but clubs must know he has no pace so I would take £8m if offered!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good of you to volunteer so early. Can I verify who will be covering the petrol costs, if you would let Tomer choose the music for the trip and finally whether you'd buy a variety of confectionary.

Not sure why but I'd be dubious about letting him choose the music

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here