Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr sam Baldock

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
We have badly missed Baldock, no doubt, but that's down to the inflexibility of the system, 442, as well as his movement. Hemed and Murray just does not work, we all know that, so why not switch to 4231, or - which I would do - 433, if we have no available replacement, especially away from home.

It's the classic conundrum of system vs players. In my view the system has to fit the players, not the other way around, and when Baldock has not been available we have not been flexible.

The intransigence simply magnifies the absence of SB.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
With SB against villa we have a chance, as we do if he's not fit, either way the rhythm of the team looked all over the shop yesterday.

As for next season could see Joel Campbell being a very nice SB +1 upgrade, if the rumours are true

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd agree with that to a degree - I do think we need 'another Sam' as a backup certainly.
:shootself:

Because of his injury record SB just can't be considered the main striker for that role.
If he were this season promotion would be... I can see a pattern forming. :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He spent a lot of money on Van Wolfswinkel and Hooper and I wonder whether we have that amount of money to waste and hope that he signs players that can do better as he did with Murray. My target man to alternate with Murray would be Ulloa as I cannot see Hemed cutting it in the Premier, although I hope that I am wrong. Hopefully they may have their eyes on somebody from Spain or Eastern Europe who we have never heard of as per Ulloa and Hemed when they arrived.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He spent a lot of money on Van Wolfswinkel and Hooper and I wonder whether we have that amount of money to waste and hope that he signs players that can do better as he did with Murray. My target man to alternate with Murray would be Ulloa as I cannot see Hemed cutting it in the Premier, although I hope that I am wrong. Hopefully they may have their eyes on somebody from Spain or Eastern Europe who we have never heard of as per Ulloa and Hemed when they arrived.

Ulloa, come on BG, do you really think he is good enough? We need an upgrade on what we have otherwise it's pointless to get in anyone else. There are a lot of hungry young, fast strikers, in Europe, who would love the chance to o play for us in the Premier League.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ulloa proved he could score goals in the Premier under a manager who played to his strengths but Ranieri changed his approach and tactics and consequently he didnt fit the bill, that doesnt mean that he couldnt cut it in the Premier playing as we do and in a similar manner as Murray. I know it is not your job to know but who are these young hungry fast strikers that you talk of.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

We need an upgrade on Murray, otherwise what is the point . Ulloa is not an upgrade on Murray.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need an upgrade on Murray, otherwise what is the point . Ulloa is not an upgrade on Murray.

I think that he is with 1 starting 1 on the bench. That upgrade is not required on Murray but on Hemed, Both Murray and Ulloa have proved they can score goals in the Premier. Who do you suggest?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Upgrade on Murray and on Baldock have to be our priorities in the Summer.
Hemed will slip to 5th choice striker/injury cover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here