Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Seeing as I and many do not buy it, give us a clue why it is going "full retard".

This:

_95451103_thesun.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
They've just reworked their old 'Up yours Delors' front page from a few years back.

Yeah, but they also did a 'Up Yours Senors!' front page the day after we beat Argentina in the 2002 world cup.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They've just reworked their old 'Up yours Delors' front page from a few years back.

Yeah, but they also did a 'Up Yours Senors!' front page the day after we beat Argentina in the 2002 world cup.

I was more interested in the Sexism Quiz that the FA have organised for David Moyes. They should get Al from [MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION] to host it - he's very good at that.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
On the contrary, we haven't 'got rid' of the Scots; on current form it looks as if we're not going to let them go even if they want to. On the face of it, a united Ireland looks like a reasonable idea, but you know as well as I do that such a solution would lead to bloodshed - there are those who would die - and kill - rather than go along with that - or haven't you learnt anything from the last forty odd years?
The crap-spouters have so far, sadly, proved to be impervious to any sort of persuasion...............................well, to be fair (I'm playing nicely now!), some have, but there are recidivists...................

I'm not sure where your 'On the contrary' came from because I never said we had got rid of the Scots. I simply said the Brexit vote had made quite a good start in doing so.

Will the Scots want to go? No idea. If they want to go but May refuses to let them? I'd suggest mayhem, chaos and worse; a final end to the notion of Britain as a gentle nation at peace with itself.

Ireland is interesting. The conundrum is that a hard border will make bloodshed and disorder more likely whereas a soft border, as well as bringing problems of its own, will make it implausible for Westminster to tell the Scots they'd be cutting themselves off from the remainder of the UK if they voted Yes.

If the Northern Irish did vote to join the republic then they would of course have a right to do so. If that happened the Dublin government would face a situation not unlike the one faced by Westminster during the troubles.

Last question for you though. Why did you add "or haven't you learnt anything from the last forty odd years?" to your post?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure where your 'On the contrary' came from because I never said we had got rid of the Scots. I simply said the Brexit vote had made quite a good start in doing so.

Will the Scots want to go? No idea. If they want to go but May refuses to let them? I'd suggest mayhem, chaos and worse; a final end to the notion of Britain as a gentle nation at peace with itself.

Ireland is interesting. The conundrum is that a hard border will make bloodshed and disorder more likely whereas a soft border, as well as bringing problems of its own, will make it implausible for Westminster to tell the Scots they'd be cutting themselves off from the remainder of the UK if they voted Yes.

If the Northern Irish did vote to join the republic then they would of course have a right to do so. If that happened the Dublin government would face a situation not unlike the one faced by Westminster during the troubles.

Last question for you though. Why did you add "or haven't you learnt anything from the last forty odd years?" to your post?
I was referring to the troubles in Ireland, and the possibility of a united Ireland. It wasn't just the IRA that indulged in violence - the UDF were equally intent on killing people that didn't agree with them. If there was any move towards unifying Ireland, I'm sure there would still be some hard line 'loyalists' who would die and kill for their cause.
Another way to solve the border problem would be for the Republic to exit the EU too. I know there is no support for them to do that at the moment - but who knows, a few years down the line, a couple more countries defecting, another Euro crisis.
On this side of the Irish Sea, the border problem is, ultimately, going to be the reason Scotland won't leave the UK, in my opinion.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I was referring to the troubles in Ireland, and the possibility of a united Ireland. It wasn't just the IRA that indulged in violence - the UDF were equally intent on killing people that didn't agree with them. If there was any move towards unifying Ireland, I'm sure there would still be some hard line 'loyalists' who would die and kill for their cause.
Another way to solve the border problem would be for the Republic to exit the EU too. I know there is no support for them to do that at the moment - but who knows, a few years down the line, a couple more countries defecting, another Euro crisis.
On this side of the Irish Sea, the border problem is, ultimately, going to be the reason Scotland won't leave the UK, in my opinion.

Thanks for the heads-up but of course, far from showing that I had not learnt anything, my suggestion that Dublin would face Troubles if the country was united was a reference to the loyalists.

I agree with you that the border issue will be a factor in a Scottish referendum but, as I said, if Westminster is able to create a soft border in Ireland the Scots are bound to say 'Why not in Great Britain too?' The government's position will be weakened.

As far as other countries defecting from the EU is concerned, this thread has been peppered with posts from knowledgable Leavers announcing that the EU was definitely on the brink of self-destruction, mass defections and/or the collapse of the currency. None of us has a crystal ball but all current evidence seems to point in the opposite direction.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As far as other countries defecting from the EU is concerned, this thread has been peppered with posts from knowledgable Leavers announcing that the EU was definitely on the brink of self-destruction, mass defections and/or the collapse of the currency. None of us has a crystal ball but all current evidence seems to point in the opposite direction.

Even Farage's new super best friend is saying The EU is on the mend:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-act-together-uk-angela-merkel-a7663641.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/32413...-could-be-a-very-good-thing-for-both-parties/
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...ys-brexit-could-be-a-good-thing-a3505391.html
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-Britain-Brussels-EU-Theresa-May-Juncker-Tusk
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4374182/Donald-Trump-says-Brexit-good-EU.html

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Even Farage's new super best friend is saying The EU is on the mend:[/url]

I am sure someone in the know will tell us very shortly that this is entirely because the brave Brits rattled their cage and concentrated their minds. Meanwhile, as the EU numbers improve and the UK ones teeter on the brink, one of the architects of Brexit, the cuddly insurance tycoon Aaron Banks, says we shouldn't worry too much about the hard times ahead. "Put all your spare assets into gold" was his advice over the weekend. I guess all the Brexit enthusiasts on here will be doing that right now.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see the Sun are going full retard this morning, can't believe anyone buys it still.

Doesn't help anyone.

One of the several reasons I continue to buy it is it triggers humourless drones like you!:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I am sure someone in the know will tell us very shortly that this is entirely because the brave Brits rattled their cage and concentrated their minds. Meanwhile, as the EU numbers improve and the UK ones teeter on the brink, one of the architects of Brexit, the cuddly insurance tycoon Aaron Banks, says we shouldn't worry too much about the hard times ahead. "Put all your spare assets into gold" was his advice over the weekend. I guess all the Brexit enthusiasts on here will be doing that right now.

Well I certainly wouldn't put any spare assets into the Euro.Would be a complete waste with the financial holocaust coming soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here