Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Keane?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wouldnt go as far as to say he did a good job but was ok and an improvement on what we had available at the time but as you pointed out he chased the money at 30 years old not as old as most who go there. I do not see what the problem is I have said that I would sign Keane and dangle the offer of a years contracrt in front of him if or when we get promoted.

You have Spurs leanings do you not BG?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
It might not be a great standard but he's already got the quality and won't exactly have been destroying himself over there. If you think that he won't have had offers from over half the Championship then you know nothing about anything.

Last resort!

Yup.
As a last resort, he is a good one!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For Sunderland? over the next few days I would imagine. They will be able to pay more, and so ok, he will be in a relegation scrap, but at least it will be Premier League football.

It's a big ask to jump straight into Prem football at age 36 after a 5 year absence with a poor side low on confidence under a manager who could get the chop any time soon.

Common sense suggests he'd want to pull in a reasonable salary whilst enjoying your football in a happy squad in a team going places with good training facilities, and that would point to either a top championship club or a return to Celtic.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
For Sunderland? over the next few days I would imagine. They will be able to pay more, and so ok, he will be in a relegation scrap, but at least it will be Premier League football.

According to talk sport this morning he's definitely going to a championship club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
According to talk sport this morning he's definitely going to a championship club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lloyd%u00252Band%u00252Bmary%u00252Bdumb%u00252Band%u00252Bdumber.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOoE=Cowfold Seagull;7770138]You have Spurs leanings do you not BG?[/QUOTE]

Like the young boys of today used to like Man U but probably now Chelsea I liked Tottenham and when I had a pub in London I would go White Hart Lane if we not playing and my interest has continued so the answer is yes but I support BHA.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
[QUOoE=Cowfold Seagull;7770138]You have Spurs leanings do you not BG?

Like the young boys of today used to like Man U but probably now Chelsea I liked Tottenham and when I had a pub in London I would go White Hart Lane if we not playing and my interest has continued so the answer is yes but I support BHA.[/QUOTE]was it a Wetherspoons or was that to earlier:facepalm:

Like the young boys of today used to like Man U but probably now Chelsea I liked Tottenham and when I had a pub in London I would go White Hart Lane if we not playing and my interest has continued so the answer is yes but I support BHA.
was it a Wetherspoons or was that to earlier:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

It was "ye olde dog and duck".

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
2002 Spurs “Glenn...appealed to me and that is why I am now a Tottenham player.”

2008 Liverpool “this is a real dream come true for me"

2010 Celtic “I always wanted to play for Celtic"

2011 LA Galaxy "I have always wanted to come and play in MLS" (spoiler - The MLS wasn't going until the 90s)

Preston (?) "I've always dreamt of emulating Tom Finney"
Brighton (?) "I've long dreamt of the Brighton nightlife"
Leeds (?) "I've dreamt of returning to the biggest club in the world"
Sunderland (?) "I'm not gonna lie. I'm here for the money"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
was it a Wetherspoons or was that to earlier:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

It was long long before Wetherspoons existed. This thing about me and Wetherspoons is quite funny because I never use them but when working for a stocktaking company I did Tim Martins first pub that he ran before he started Wetherspoons in partnership with Andrew Marler. They ran Martins in Muswell Hill but then fell out and Andrew went off to run a pub in Highgate - Marlers and Tim stayed in Muswell Hill.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
[QUOoE=Cowfold Seagull;7770138]You have Spurs leanings do you not BG?

Like the young boys of today used to like Man U but probably now Chelsea I liked Tottenham and when I had a pub in London I would go White Hart Lane if we not playing and my interest has continued so the answer is yes but I support BHA.[/QUOTE]

How do you manage to muck up so many quotes BG :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

How do you manage to muck up so many quotes BG :lol:[/QUOTE]

How did I mess up the quote I was asked a question and I answered it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How did I mess up the quote I was asked a question and I answered it.

Well everything was going fine until post #169 ! Then once you've done it they all muck up until someone can be arsed to correct it. Are you telling me you really don't realise you do it all the time?! :lol:

I've fixed it for you - thank me later x

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well everything was going fine until post #169 ! Then once you've done it they all muck up until someone can be arsed to correct it. Are you telling me you really don't realise you do it all the time?! :lol:

I've fixed it for you - thank me later x

What did I do wrong I am genuinely interested to know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here