Long gone Brighton bands/Lost venues

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Smeggy and the Cheesy Bits - The Cage (skatepark) Kings Rd Arches
Birds with Ears - Alhambra

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bone Orchard anyone?

Think I saw them support Playdead at Xtreem club. Thanks to other posters for reminding me of the venue.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Used to go to the Alambra a lot . Sundays seemed to be The Piranhas and Nicky and the Dots . Underneath the Alambra was The Inn Place. Every Thursday was The Tangerine Temple. Cost £1 and a penny and played late sixties psychedelia. Great times.
Xtreems / New Regent at the bottom of West Street as well.Saw Sham 69 in there as well as Siouxie and the Banshees. The 80's saw a load of hard core punk and oi oi bands.

Jan 30, 2008
Used to go to the Alambra a lot . Sundays seemed to be The Piranhas and Nicky and the Dots . Underneath the Alambra was The Inn Place. Every Thursday was The Tangerine Temple. Cost £1 and a penny and played late sixties psychedelia. Great times.
Xtreems / New Regent at the bottom of West Street as well.Saw Sham 69 in there as well as Siouxie and the Banshees. The 80's saw a load of hard core punk and oi oi bands.
SEE ANGELIC UPSTARTS THERE
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Brighton art college ??? see the Ruts there , didn't have a ticket but paid a bloke £10 to let me and my bruv jump over the gate around the side of the building :guitar: GOT INSIDE AND A FEW CAMBRIDGE SKINS MADE THEMSELVES KNOWN :guns:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
used to go to the alambra a lot . Sundays seemed to be the piranhas and nicky and the dots . Underneath the alambra was the inn place. Every thursday was the tangerine temple. Cost £1 and a penny and played late sixties psychedelia. Great times.
Xtreems / new regent at the bottom of west street as well.saw sham 69 in there as well as siouxie and the banshees. The 80's saw a load of hard core punk and oi oi bands.
cockney rejects at the top rank ???
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Brighton art college ??? see the Ruts there , didn't have a ticket but paid a bloke £10 to let me and my bruv jump over the gate around the side of the building :guitar: GOT INSIDE AND A FEW CAMBRIDGE SKINS MADE THEMSELVES KNOWN :guns:
regards
DR

The Ruts were one band I never got to see, brilliant band.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
New Regent was brilliant. Long thin wine bar (ish) venue down West Street on the left if memory serves. Anyone remember seeing the splendid (non-local) YACHTS there?

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Saw the excellent Secret Affair in there

It was a great venue.Home of punk and post punk bands.Anything from Secret Affair, Sex Gang Children, Alien Sex Fiend, King Kurt, The Exploited, The Addicts, Blitz.I even remember them decking it in cobwebs and turning it into The Batcave club for a night.Is it me , or did it all seem to happen on a Tuesday night?

Jan 30, 2008
Flares n slippers!!
war on the terraces, i am not a fool !, dodgy gig that was was ,no one wanted to get on the floor in front of the stage for some reason :eek: remember seeing Brighton bluenose and a few locals gathering outside after the gig
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here