PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great news

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Excellent, a friend of someone I don't like has seen him a few times and reckons he's mustard

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He's looking likely to be Player of the Season at Newport. A 3 year deal with us shows great confidence in him.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Outstanding news, he's destined for big things whether that's here or somewhere else in the future

larus

Not another f*cking Center Back FFS. We need CM and Strikers from the development squad. I blame Hewton for this.

This is good news - there was talk about him not wanting a new contract a little while ago I believe (or maybe more a case of 2 + 2 = 5). Probably not ready for next season, but in a couple of years he may be competing with Goldson and Duffy (I’m assuming that Dunk will eventually get sold).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The latest excellent CB off the Brighton production line.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The latest excellent CB off the Brighton production line.

Although we are pretty well off for centre backs at the moment, very few excellent ones have actually come off our own production line in recent years. Lewis Dunk is tghe only home grown product that l can think of, plus perhaps Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook a good few seasons ago.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Although we are pretty well off for centre backs at the moment, very few excellent ones have actually come off our own production line in recent years. Lewis Dunk is tghe only home grown product that l can think of, plus perhaps Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook a good few seasons ago.

Virgo ? The lad Spurs nicked ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lewis Dunk is tghe only home grown product that l can think of, plus perhaps Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook a good few seasons ago.

Apart from the, already mentioned Virgo and Hall, we've also produced El Abd and Lynch (both still playing league football) and Hinshelwood, who could have gone on to better things but for injury,.

So, that's eight current league CBs (plus two injured) in under 20 years - that's a pretty good record if you ask me.

Edited because I couldn't count

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good news and maybe he can get a loan to the Championship next year.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Apart from the, already mentioned Virgo and Hall, we've also produced El Abd and Lynch (both still playing league football) and Hinshelwood, who could have gone on to better things but for injury,.

So, that's eight current league CBs (plus two injured) in under 20 years - that's a pretty good record if you ask me.

Edited because I couldn't count

The poster used the word 'excellent', I suppiose it depends who you regard as excellent. Yes the players you mentioned were all pretty good, but of course we were playing in lower divisions then.

Certainly I would regard Lewis Dunk and Steve Cook, as a class above the others, both playing regular Premier League football now.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Lynch (QPR), Hall (QPR), El-Abd (us) & Elphick (Bournemouth/Villa) have all played regularly in the Prem or Championship in recent years too. Centre half certainly seems to be a speciality.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here