Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Are you suggesting that a swap deal wouldn't have incurred any agents fees? I think that is wishful thinking. There will have been agents on boths sides "making it happen" and be charging football a ludicrous amount of money for doing it.

Agent reported to have pocketed 15 million.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I believe we will see NFL style trading moving into the market. Sanchez and Mikhataryan is the first indication that this is the way forward, places more control in the hands of clubs, marginalises (not completely) agents and keeps finances within a club. It is a more savvy way of doing business and large amounts of cash are not lost in the process.

I read yesterday that it wasn't really a swap, both players were sold for £15m. Apparently they have to do it like that for accounting and tax reasons.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I believe we will see NFL style trading moving into the market. Sanchez and Mikhataryan is the first indication that this is the way forward, places more control in the hands of clubs, marginalises (not completely) agents and keeps finances within a club. It is a more savvy way of doing business and large amounts of cash are not lost in the process.

You do realise that Sanchez’s agent pocketed £10 million from this transfer?

Is that what you consider to be marginalising agents and keeping finances within a club?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
'Twist' as in 'stick or twist'?

As in Chubby Checker...it is part of the gruelling fitness medical they undertake. Player has to twist for 30 mins non-stop. We cannot afford any fancy-dan medical equipment and this does the trick.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I read yesterday that it wasn't really a swap, both players were sold for £15m. Apparently they have to do it like that for accounting and tax reasons.

Oh OK, so the zero sum is that it cost no money to either club other than administration and buy out clauses. of course there will be costs attached, call it whatever, but it looks very much like a trade as in the NFL.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
��������YEAH!! Man city paid like, £50m for someone who couldn’t get into the chelsea team a few years ago ������or that Mo bloke who rocked up at stanford bridge, then sold then Liverpool bought ������

Buying an ex-Liverpool or Chelsea reserve is slightly different from buying a Newcastle reserve though isn't it?!

A Newcastle team that were in the same league as us last season. The same Newcastle team in which he was not first choice in. The Newcastle team that he only scored 4 goals in 25 appearances in (11 starts), despite being part of a squad that scored 85 goals in the season.

We had 4 players that scored more than him last season, all of which are still at the club. I find it difficult to believe that Glenn Murray, Tomer Hemed, Anthony Knockaert and Sam Baldock are all not at least as good as Mitrovic, if not better.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Buying an ex-Liverpool or Chelsea reserve is slightly different from buying a Newcastle reserve though isn't it?!

A Newcastle team that were in the same league as us last season. The same Newcastle team in which he was not first choice in. The Newcastle team that he only scored 4 goals in 25 appearances in (11 starts), despite being part of a squad that scored 85 goals in the season.

We had 4 players that scored more than him last season, all of which are still at the club. I find it difficult to believe that Glenn Murray, Tomer Hemed, Anthony Knockaert and Sam Baldock are all not at least as good as Mitrovic, if not better.

If you check out Mitrovic's profile on Wikipedia you will see he has massive potential, which he has not yet made the most of.

If Chris thinks there is a chance he can get the lad to fulfill even half of what was expected of him as a youth player, we will have a £50m+ player on our hands.

None of our players come close to that sort of untapped potential.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Reread the post, no i'm not suggesting that.

I have done, and I still read :

It is a more savvy way of doing business and large amounts of cash are not lost in the process.

as referring to money leaking out of football to agents, which you believed would not have happened in this case. Ok, that's not what you meant, no big deal. As you were.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If you check out Mitrovic's profile on Wikipedia you will see he has massive potential, which he has not yet made the most of.

If Chris thinks there is a chance he can get the lad to fulfill even half of what was expected of him as a youth player, we will have a £50m+ player on our hands.

You want me to check out Wikipedia as proof of a player's "massive potential"?

Did someone really just type that on a message board about football?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Just like he thought he could get Leon Best's career back on track. :ffsparr:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
You want me to check out Wikipedia as proof of a player's "massive potential"?

Did someone really just type that on a message board about football?
He scored 9 in 21 starts as a 21 year old in first year of playing in premier league.

MASSIVE potential

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
i bet there a lot of Geordies thinking - 'f*ck the airport i'll drive him doon tuh the syeuth coast me'sel

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He scored 9 in 21 starts as a 21 year old in first year of playing in premier league.

MASSIVE potential

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wikipedia tells me Francis Jeffers scored 18 goals in 49 games for Everton. Massive potential.

It also tells me Chuba Akpom plays for Arsenal and has 3 goals in 5 England U21 appearances. Even bigger potential.

Would you like me to go on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here