Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Vegan hardline communists

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wonder how many of those vegans are that way inclined because their religion mandates it?Think Hinduism,Buddism,Sikhism are vegan religions.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hinduism,Buddism,Sikhism are vegan religions.

0/3. **** me. You really and truly are spectacularly thick. All those religions have an interpretation which permits meat.

Okay everyone, now sit back and watch him try and dig himself out of this....it’s USA Argentina all over again :lolol:

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not sure why the label 'communist' has been added. Probably very annoying to the diners but the 'protesters' believe that a) using animals for food is wrong b) intensive farming is having a detrimental affect on the world (production of greehouse gases and destruction of forested areas). Whilst people may not agree with the first statement they should consider the second one as warning after warning is stating we are having a major adverse affect on the world's climate.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I don't care what these people want - if they want to eat plants then let them. But it is personal choice so why try to force your ideas on others - if I wish to eat meat don't throw things at me for ordering a steak. Equally I won't take the mick out of you for eating plant extracts. Live and let live . If you want to go and eat in a vegan cafe great well go and do it but accept that others don't want to do so. And most certainly don't take the moral high ground.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You don't think you couldn't? Have you started supporting Ipswich?

Yep, we all have a choice. My wife and two sons eat meat, I don't. The biggest annoyance to me is that it means I have to cook two separate meals...

Some things vegans don't eat. Meat isn't one.

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016
So you have said [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] shouldn't have an interest in the city he previously lived in. I've asked you if you agree this should apply to everyone that moves away ( because of course you're not going to single out an individual poster are you ) and you said 'no'. That 'no' could mean that you think that nobody that moves away should have an interest, or it could mean you don;t agree with the statement and thus you think people should still have an interest in where they used to live.

The second account was a hint that you are Dr No

No.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Hard right gonk? I bet John Smith was a hard right gonk to you?

I will give you a clue, he was the best Prime Minister that Labour never had.

Yeah, such a shame when he died.

So, until every animal is free .... they want pigs, cows, sheep running amok do they? Quazy middle class idiots

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's odd isn't it. Over the past year I've reduced my consumption of red meat and stopped eating processed meat altogether. I have two to three meat free days a week and most of these changes are through improved awareness of the impact on the environment and the impact on health, gained from a veggie friend, more focus on relevant news stories and general awareness. When I see this sort of action I just want to go and buy a big steak, we don't want changes imposed on us, my friends have done a great job of "would you like to try this?" and "have you read this" and that, not STOP YOUR KILLING ANIMALS!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's odd isn't it. Over the past year I've reduced my consumption of red meat and stopped eating processed meat altogether. I have two to three meat free days a week and most of these changes are through improved awareness of the impact on the environment and the impact on health, gained from a veggie friend, more focus on relevant news stories and general awareness. When I see this sort of action I just want to go and buy a big steak, we don't want changes imposed on us, my friends have done a great job of "would you like to try this?" and "have you read this" and that, not STOP YOUR KILLING ANIMALS!

A very valid point. But you speak from a privileged position; have you considered the diners in question might not have such enlightened friends? Maybe they need educating in this way? That said, someone should have first pointed out the folly of going to a restaurant on West Street.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A very valid point. But you speak from a privileged position; have you considered the diners in question might not have such enlightened friends? Maybe they need educating in this way? That said, someone should have first pointed out the folly of going to a restaurant on West Street.

Good point, West St is the clue!

Seriously though, if we ram something down people's throats they are less likely to be convinced. When I was 30 I gave up smoking, two years later my GF, at the time, kept telling people how she'd made me give up, what did I do? Of course, walked up to the bar (you could then) and bought 20 Benson's and was back on the fags for another year! 23 years off the fags now though!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Now, please calm yourself before you read on . I’m reading one of your posts. I do it from time to time, it’s not anything to go into one of your infamous frenzy’s over. I have you on ignore so I don’t see the endless posts you used to tag me in. That’s all. This has been explained to you before so let’s all remain calm. I read a few of your posts and I reply to virtually none. I am replying to this one, please remain calm and know that I have already anticipated your fervid response calling me a narcissist and how you now have one up on me etc etc so don’t bother typing it, we’ll just take it as a given that those are your thoughts on my replying to you.

Shh
You should consider using the ignore function if you are failing to avoid replying and ignoring my posts.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Shh
You should consider using the ignore function if you are failing to avoid replying and ignoring my posts.

I got rid of my ignore list months ago. It was getting hard to understand threads when you went on one of your tantrums for pages and pages . I just don’t interact with you much because you are incapable of debate and I find you rather creepy.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
A comment from the Argus article, makes a good point.

FloJ

26th November 11:11 am

"All cows that we use for meat are a domesticated hybrid-breed descended from wild aurochs (long extinct) 10,000 years ago from Africa and southern Asia, so have never been a wild species in themselves. If not for food, the whole species would cease to exist. They could not even survive in the wild as there is no natural sustainable food structure for them, and never has been. They have only ever been farmed.

The "I Want To Live" sign is totally ridiculous and only serves to illustrate the total ignorance and limited intelligence on display here. If these vegans could propose a whole new model of what happens to life on earth regarding existing species survival and the consequences of that, rather than just stabbing ignorantly with ironically ill-conceived placards, then I might have more respect for their cause, but sadly they never manage to form a coherent or intelligent argument.

Follow a vegan lifestyle for sure, but stop getting into other people's faces with misguided evangelism for a cause that has no real plan.

People can follow whatever lifestyle they choose as far as I'm concerned, but argue with me, and I'm going to argue back."

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Eh?

Did you understand the question?

You obviously didn't.

372017083.jpg

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
No one has mentioned yet that Vegan Hardline Communists is probably the most Brighton name for a band you could ever make up. Sure I saw them at the Richmond once.

But of course they'd sold out by then. I was into them before they'd even started playing. Inevitably once they started making music it was all over. I'm now following Jeremy And The September Lovers. The band has no songs no other members and Jeremy can't play any musical instruments but he has written a cracking 37 page manifesto and got his mate Rainbow to draw a super faux naive logo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here