Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha this place is going to look like the Mary Celeste when Big Jurg scores his 20th goal this season and singlehandedly wins us the FA Cup.

My inbox will be full of notifications congratulating me for as usual proven to be never wrong.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ha this place is going to look like the Mary Celeste when Big Jurg scores his 20th goal this season and singlehandedly wins us the FA Cup.

My inbox will be full of notifications congratulating me for as usual proven to be never wrong.
*Never in doubt*

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I hope you're right - and I'm not one who typically doubts our selection team - but I just can't see it. Would love to be proved wrong, I don't want anyone at our club to fail.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I hope you're right - and I'm not one who typically doubts our selection team - but I just can't see it. Would love to be proved wrong, I don't want anyone at our club to fail.

Absolutely this. I don't want to see him fail, but it's looking more and more likely that he's not going to be a success here. It doesn't mean he can't contribute something along the way, and hopefully he'll score the occasional important goal here and there but he seems like a gamble not landed. There's no wisdom after the fact though, we needed a striker in january and we got one. He was unfit then and looks unfit now.

Learn the lesson of Michel Kuipers though - he was horrendous on his debut and then became a legend. Hopefully the Locadia story will be the same but it's reasonable to suspect he's not very good.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
What did he do wrong? He had one decent, well directed header on target, which was well saved. He peeled off to the right when Knockaert broke through for the first goal assist giving Knockaert more space and then finding Murray. It's a team game and he played his part. As a team we fought back from 2-0 down to get a point and Jurgen was part of that comeback.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I'm IN :rave:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He looked heavy and ponderous.
No evidence of the "speed" people talk about.
Did little to close down Fulham.
First touch often looked clumsy.

I really hope I'm wrong about this guy because we need him, but I don't see this being down to lack of game time. It appeared to be attitude as much as skills.

I genuinely think we got palmed off with a looky-likey, and the real Jurgen Locadia is playing to packed clubs on Ibiza night after night.

The fella we got is about as much as Premier League footballer as I am.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I genuinely think we got palmed off with a looky-likey, and the real Jurgen Locadia is playing to packed clubs on Ibiza night after night.

The fella we got is about as much as Premier League footballer as I am.

Well I doubt he'll give FBS a run for his money, at the BHAFC christmas disco :cool:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He did ok on Sat for short time on. Only time have seen for whole game was at Man Utd cup game last year when thought he was very good.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Not quite sure why he’s getting the stick he is. He’s not set the world alight yet, but he’s hardly had much of a chance to.

I thought he did pretty well when he came on at the weekend, and as others have said he played well in the cup at United last season. It’s a shame he got injured in preseason as it’s clearly set him back and meant he hasn’t had a run of games.

This time last year I would have been happy for Gross to be dropped, but he quickly became one of our key men after that - just shows what a run of games and adapting to a new country can do for performances.

Jimmy Grimble

Locadia is unfortunate that Glenn is playing some of the best football of his life in a system that is perfect for his style (GM's style that is).

Him and Andone will partially be judged on their goal scoring record against his. Tough act to follow.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not quite sure why he’s getting the stick he is. He’s not set the world alight yet, but he’s hardly had much of a chance to.

I thought he did pretty well when he came on at the weekend, and as others have said he played well in the cup at United last season. It’s a shame he got injured in preseason as it’s clearly set him back and meant he hasn’t had a run of games.

This time last year I would have been happy for Gross to be dropped, but he quickly became one of our key men after that - just shows what a run of games and adapting to a new country can do for performances.

I tipped gross to be player of the session after 4 games last year. Not sure what you were watching.

Time will tell. I'd like to be spectacularly wrong, and maybe he will grow into Prem football, but at the moment I'm not seeing attitude or fitness or skill.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I tipped gross to be player of the session after 4 games last year. Not sure what you were watching.

Time will tell. I'd like to be spectacularly wrong, and maybe he will grow into Prem football, but at the moment I'm not seeing attitude or fitness or skill.

Ok, well if we’re being precise it was actually after three games (West Brom being the fourth, where he was outstanding). But were you at Leicester and Watford last year? He looked slow, weak and off the pace. Once he got up to speed with the Premier League he then went from strength to strength - my point is we shouldn’t rush to write players off until they’ve had a run of games. If I’m honest though I don’t see Locadia getting that in his favoured position, but time will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here