Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Iranian Fans

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Talking Instagram I was astounded to see Alireza has over a million Instagram followers! That's about as many as the rest of the team combined,

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's three big categories of Persian food. #2 and #3 are generally made with some sort of protein e.g. chicken or meat but can easily be made vegetarian by not including the meat. #2 and #3 lists are generally the things I would make nightly at home. Google image the Farsi words for some delicious images! Persian cuisine uses delicate spices so it is usually pleasing to the western palate, as opposed to Indian or other South Asian cuisine which uses pretty intense spices which to me sometimes overpowers the ingredients.

1) kababs with rice - this is meat and rice, put simply, generally this is what you get in restaurants

2) things mixed into rice - this can include barberries/saffron (zereshk polo), dill/lima beans (baghali polo), green beans/tomato (loobia polo), sour cherries/slivered pistachios and almonds (albaloo polo), etc.

3) stews put over rice - this can include ghormeh sabzi (a favorite, herb stew with kidney beans), gheimeh (yellow split pea stew), fesenjan (pomegranate paste and walnut stew), kadoo/bademjoon (zucchini/eggplant stew), karafs (celery stew), etc.

**a word of warning that restaurants typically do #2 and #3 categories quite poorly, this is where you need to make some Iranian friends and get invited to their houses for home-cooked dinners!

Also, these are just a few main dishes that came to mind. Not only is Persian cuisine pretty extensive, but every region has their own dishes and specialties. Alireza for example was born in Gilan in the north along the Caspian Sea and the Gilakis (the ethnicity of many people in Gilan) have their own dialect and food, delicious things whose names I don't know and have no idea how to make!

Oooh, that sounds a bit more appetising; every time I've looked into a Persian restaurant , it seems to be just kebabs.

Interesting to see about dishes made with pomegranates and walnuts; I went to a Georgian restaurant once and those featured heavily on the menu - I suppose Georgia isn't that far away. I love the sound of rice with sour cherry and pistachios - two of my favourite flavours.

I'll have to work on finding vegetarian Iranians!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
All this “aren’t Iranians great people now” is pathetic. We signed a player from Iran we don’t need to have sex with them (especially if it was man on man as that is illegal in some countries!).

Iran Soccer Babes 06.jpg

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
What a lovely and heartwarming thread.

Welcome to our new Iranian friends, we are very happy to you! Please ignore the idiots.

Any excuse to visit the restaurants in Westwood here is gratefully received... maybe they're start showing Albion games and I can watch them there instead of in bed at 7am on a Saturday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here