Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough fan who tore up Koran banned from every ground

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
She's certainly been very unlucky with all the times she's had a brush with OB. After all, luck can be the only reason that the vast majority of fans have little or no problem with OB when they go to the football, isn't it?

"When asked in court about her behaviour on a train back from London after Boro’s 1-0 defeat against Crystal Palace in November 2009, she said she was “being loud” but any swearing would have been within her group of friends.Phillips, of Kenmore Close, Thorntree, said that a policewoman asked her into the train vestibule took a bottle of Diet Coke off her and asked for ID. She said the policewoman threw her season ticket off the train and pushed her off at Grantham. She received a 12-month conditional discharge and £85 fine at Grantham Magistrates Court in February 2010.
Referring to the Millwall game in February 2013 at the Riverside Stadium, she told the court she called stewards “Little Hitlers” because they were picking on three members of the Red Faction supporters group. She said stewards were laughing at her. She denied calling a steward a “P***”.
Regarding the Hartlepool pre-season friendly match in 2013 she said she had been shouting at members of “Boro Youth” because they were “showing themselves up and antagonising police” ."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/boro-fan-julie-phillips-defends-8297365

Sounds like a classy broad

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The difference would be that people would be less likely to complain about Bible's being ripped up due to it being less of a sensitive issue.

With all the anti-Islamic information that people are being exposed to these days, it's vitally important that we stand by the Muslim communities in solidarity - that includes zero-tolerance towards idiotic actions like this.
Good for you

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The difference would be that people would be less likely to complain about Bible's being ripped up due to it being less of a sensitive issue.

With all the anti-Islamic information that people are being exposed to these days, it's vitally important that we stand by the Muslim communities in solidarity - that includes zero-tolerance towards idiotic actions like this.

Sensitive ? Surely like me as a regular 'church goer' would you not find it upsetting and offensive to see the Lord,s book being torn to pieces ?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
According to mail online may 14th she was only fined in a one day trail and was also accused of singing threatening and racist songs, so im guessing this ban comes after another more recent arrest??

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Sensitive ? Surely like me as a regular 'church goer' would you not find it upsetting and offensive to see the Lord,s book being torn to pieces ?

It would offend me as well.
Then again I'm a "sensitive" soul who gets offended by the hacking off of peoples heads,the murder of defenceless schoolchildren,flying aeroplanes into tall buildings and blowing up buses..... among other things.
Maybe I'm just over sensitive?

It would offend me as well.
Then again I'm a "sensitive" soul who gets offended by the hacking off of peoples heads,the murder of defenceless schoolchildren,flying aeroplanes into tall buildings and blowing up buses..... among other things.
Maybe I'm just over sensitive?
No. You're just like most Muslims that I know.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
how is it going to work would the security at the Amex know her I dont disagree with you but its unworkable

Middlesbrough would have a police football liaison officer advising their counterparts. Fans with a FBO still chance it and go to games but run the risk of being nicked.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Right,let's see how many Bible's you can rip up before your collar is felt ???????

It's all horses for courses, see how many war memorials you can pee on before an angry mob get you.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
To incite racial hatred and violence. So a ban from all football grounds seems like a ****ing good idea to me.

When will people stop crying racist when a set of beliefs is criticised that isn't racist. Ripping up a religious text is not racist. I am not condoning this act just sick of people crying racist in the wrong context.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Julie-Phillips.jpg

:mad: :love:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
When will people stop crying racist when a set of beliefs is criticised that isn't racist. Ripping up a religious text is not racist. I am not condoning this act just sick of people crying racist in the wrong context.

You are quite right. Islam is not a race, although there are those whom believe it is.

Jan 30, 2008

Are you for real???
regards
DR

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I find it odd that a woman who deliberately tries to incite racial hatred only gets a £300 fine yet someone who stole bottled water in during the riots get's six months!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I find it odd that a woman who deliberately tries to incite racial hatred only gets a £300 fine yet someone who stole bottled water in during the riots get's six months!

Yep, i find it odd that someone who burns the poppy and national flag on our remembrance day, only gets a £50 fine.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Yep, i find it odd that someone who burns the poppy and national flag on our remembrance day, only gets a £50 fine.

and also a preacher responsible for radicalizing the lee rigby killers has a court injunction scrapped allowing him to continue to preach. How bizzare!.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I met this woman before the Boro home game this season. She was drinking in the Hope on Queen's Road, I recognised the accent and we started chatting. She mentioned she wasn't actually going to the game (but had come down on the coach from Boro anyway). I asked why... and out comes this very story.

They'd been on the train in Birmingham and some Muslims men were handing out Korans. Julie and some of her mates took one... then ripped them up once they were in the stadium. She was banned straight away from Middlesbrough matches, and it looks like the banning order has widened to all grounds today.

She obviously tried to 'spin' it a bit in the telling, as people do, but she was clearly a wrong 'un. The phrase "I'm not a racist, but..." made an appearance as I remember. Always a red flag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here