Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flares/Smoke bombs at away games

theboybilly

As for the Forest stewards telling us to sit down last night - agree that's pointless and annoying, that same head steward makes a mission of it every year at Forest. But let's not confuse that with justifying flare throwing. Separate issues.

Isn't the problem due to Forest positioning wheelchair users behind the visiting fans? They then (quite reasonably) complain that they can't see so everybody is made to sit. This works it's way down to the front of all those that remain standing so that all visiting fans have a view of the pitch. It's a very poor design is that Bridgford End stand.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Have to say the blue smoke bomb let off after the goal today actually looked quite good in fairness, small away end terrace and yes it looked good but at a half-empty away stand somewhere midweek then I don't see the point.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am a big fan provided it is directed away from people. Throw it on the pitch or make sure the wind carries it away. And careful not to burn anyone. Otherwise they are great.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Have to say the blue smoke bomb let off after the goal today actually looked quite good in fairness, small away end terrace and yes it looked good but at a half-empty away stand somewhere midweek then I don't see the point.

I liked it mainly because of the stewards/security spending the next 20 mins deciding if it was worth wading into our end to apprehend the culprit

:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Smoke bomb.jpg

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Just seen on Twitter, one fan ejected today for letting off a flare in the away end, which resulted in one fan needing first aid for an asthma attack.

Seriously don’t get why or when someone would have been excited enough to let off a flare today.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I remember when a perfectly timed smoke bomb from the south stand got us promoted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here