Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens Vs Pogba,. No contest!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought that Pogba was not as impressive as I expected although he had some very good moments and I was very impressed when he had the ball at his feet nobody could get it off of him. On one occasion 4 players tried to do that but he still kept hold of the ball, very impressive.
Do you still think we should have played with a 5 man midfield?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok, my bad. Do you still think we should have played that team?
In fairness no one agreed with you, and we were all right.

No simply because Stephens and Propper aided by an improved Knockaert upped their game but as I said that was certain to happen and that is why managers make a choice based on seeing them in training and talking to them unlike you and many others just on a keyboard. My view was based on what we as supporters have seen recently not on the training ground.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Lets not forget Propper. I know Kayal was playing well, but you just can't leave him out the side.

It's the simple things. What a fantastic tiny little pass to Jose before we scored. Inch perfect. Far enough in front to keep the momentum going, but close enough that the defender couldn't close him down.

I expect nothing less from him now.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Lets not forget Propper. I know Kayal was playing well, but you just can't leave him out the side.

It's the simple things. What a fantastic tiny little pass to Jose before we scored. Inch perfect. Far enough in front to keep the momentum going, but close enough that the defender couldn't close him down.

He also sat back freeing up Stephens to do what he did to Pogba without fear of leaving the defence exposed. Was so great to have the two back together again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No simply because Stephens and Propper aided by an improved Knockaert upped their game but as I said that was certain to happen and that is why managers make a choice based on seeing them in training and talking to them unlike you and many others just on a keyboard. My view was based on what we as supporters have seen recently not on the training ground.
Yeah, what we as supporters have seen recently is our tried and tested setup getting 3 points at home to Arsenal, and 1 at home to Spurs. Quite why any fan would want us to then try a different system I have no idea.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Stephens won the battle of the sixes - fantastic performance from him again and I don't remember him giving the ball away at all last night. Propper looked lime he benefited from his enforced rest too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Exactly, absolute class, regularly.
Quietly our best player, IMO

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
The problem for Pogba was that he was surrounded by dross, and so he barely had an option. He was trying to do everything himself, but a large part of the reason for that was the woeful movement around him.

Stephens and Propper were both outstanding. We sometimes forget that Propper is a full & current Dutch international. However bad the Dutch are having it, you've still got to be quality to get in that international team.

It was Propper who provided the pass for Izquierdo to run on to which ultimately led to the goal. He is very classy.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
I got the distinct impression that Dale targeted Pogba from the first whistle. In the first fifteen minutes he put in four or five strong challenges, all bar one legal. After that, Pogba was only interested in going where Stephens wasn't!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
The only thing Stephens has missing from his game is pace , which Pogba has in abundance, this is really our biggest weakness in the team , apart from our wide players ,

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Got the feeling that they were all waiting for one of their superstars to wave a wand and do something brilliant rather than put a team effort in. All down to attitude, and ours was right. Whatever CH said to our lot before that game worked a treat. We had so many players in their half chasing down their players, at one point I was actually worried about our aggressive style! More next season please.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yeah, what we as supporters have seen recently is our tried and tested setup getting 3 points at home to Arsenal, and 1 at home to Spurs. Quite why any fan would want us to then try a different system I have no idea.

Because we as supporters all naturally think that we know best and just express our opinions. for general discussion..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here