Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] England v Australia Rugby International

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All being shown on BBC2 now.

Australia's first disallowed try, the 'scorer' was miles offside. Not even debated.

Hooper's yellow card for twice being offside to prevent England in great positions. All spotted by the BBC team before the ref dealt with it.

I am not totally convinced that the ball didn’t brush the line for our first try, what did the BBC commentators have to say about that?

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
Wow what a great game. Top class International rugby is streets ahead of it’s football equivalent as a spectacle imo.

If it wasn’t Australia I’d have felt sorry for them. It all went England’s way but our strength in depth normally tells in the last 20. Before that Australia were the better team.

Agree both comments...and amusing to watch Michael Cheika when the major decisions were made. I can't remember the last time I watched an England footie international withthe same level of enjoyment.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
A friendly against a jet lagged Australian team who are here to earn a few quid, should not be taken too seriously.
The England football team would be a serious power in the world today if it was judged by its friendly results.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
A friendly against a jet lagged Australian team who are here to earn a few quid, should not be taken too seriously.
The England football team would be a serious power in the world today if it was judged by its friendly results.

The autumn rugby tests are far from friendlies. Australia have been in the UK for over a week and beat Wales last weekend, so I would hardly say they were suffering from jet lag. They deserved a closer scoreline today, but then that's sport.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The autumn rugby tests are far from friendlies. Australia have been in the UK for over a week and beat Wales last weekend, so I would hardly say they were suffering from jet lag. They deserved a closer scoreline today, but then that's sport.

Never seen that many 'friendly' rugby games....matches involving the baba's could be considered such i guess...how the op can consider any game involving England and Australia 'friendly' is beyond me

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Wow what a great game. Top class International rugby is streets ahead of it’s football equivalent as a spectacle imo.

If it wasn’t Australia I’d have felt sorry for them. It all went England’s way but our strength in depth normally tells in the last 20. Before that Australia were the better team.

Spot on. Great game and atmosphere. The England Rugby Internationals are far better than the Football.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Must be the longest jet lag in history.

Last week they took apart a Wales team that contained half of the brilliant Lions, in their own back yard.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A thrilling match, the scoreline flattered England who had the rub of the green but still deserved their victory. Scotland and All Blacks was also a cracker. International football is drab by comparison.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

This is Test Match rugby, certainly not a friendly.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Never seen that many 'friendly' rugby games....matches involving the baba's could be considered such i guess...how the op can consider any game involving England and Australia 'friendly' is beyond me

No friendly rugby games. Test matches are just that. The autumn games are as big as the spring ones. We do need to play the Kiwis to work out just where England are though. There's a lot to shout about at present.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
All contentious decisions have been favourable to England
We thought that this relatively 'new face' ref was actually spot on... nice to see a ref not talk himself onto YouTube or Wiki.

The two contentious decisions were correct... offside and obstruction.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Must be the longest jet lag in history.

Last week they took apart a Wales team that contained half of the brilliant Lions, in their own back yard.

Actually the game could have gone either way but a moment of sheer brilliance by Beale swung it in Australia's favour.

And Wales had a handful of very inexperienced starters and a bench full because of injuries.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
The scoreline flattered England, definitely, but there was a bit of the 'All Black' about the way it happened Quite often teams play New Zealand, they compete for three-quarters of the match, maybe even be the better side, and then - bam! The All Blacks find an extra gear and leave you trailing.

But it was a great game as Rugby Union internationals usually are. Just my opinion obviously, but I think international rugby pisses all over international football for excitement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here