Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] iPhone X

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What's the verdict from those who have got one?

I get emails from iStockNow most mornings at 6am so I reckon if I could be bothered to get up then there'd be a reasonable chance of snagging one for same-day collection. I don't want one though. Do I?

I’m sticking with my 7plus which I bought at a reduced price ..no way am I sticking a grand on an X

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
At the basic £42 for the 256GB not such a good deal, but I might bite at this...

£51pm * 36
5000 minutesUnlimitedtext
20GB
40GB (2x data)
plus Data rollover if unused

take off £1200 for the phone and it's approx £18 for the plan.
Are you completely insane? In what way is that possibly a good deal for a phone? 3 years at fifty quid a month. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you completely insane? In what way is that possibly a good deal for a phone? 3 years at fifty quid a month. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm not sure if you're aware but the phone is made by Apple.

Got it now?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I Have an I Phone 6 and no offering has done anything for me since, I am with you they all very much feel the same, until someone comes up with a long life battery I will not be chasing the lastest handset.

The 'plus' size iphones actually have a physically larger battery and so last far longer. The 8plus lasts me all day with heavy use and then some.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The 'plus' size iphones actually have a physically larger battery and so last far longer. The 8plus lasts me all day with heavy use and then some.

Thank you for the tip, I have tried to use my Brothers Plus several times but I just dont get on with it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I Have an I Phone 6 and no offering has done anything for me since, I am with you they all very much feel the same, until someone comes up with a long life battery I will not be chasing the lastest handset.

I upgraded to the 7 last week as my 6 was well and truly dead.

There is no difference apart from the home button

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Erm, it's a good deal if you want the phone and you don't have the upfront cash to buy it outright. It's expensive but so are a lot of season tickets that we shell out for!

I'm in!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Your post reminded me about the Galaxy S8 Active I heard about recently.

It a Galaxy S8 but in a bigger more rugged body that also includes a significantly bigger battery. I think many of us would give up some thin-ness in our phones in exchange for a longer-lasting battery. And with the phone being more robust, you don't need to put it in a case, so it may not be much bigger than the cased-up phones that many folk carry around.

More here >>> http://bgr.com/2017/08/31/galaxy-s8-active-review-vs-galaxy-s8-price-specs/

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will not be chasing the lastest handset.

No need to chase it. If you order on line it will come to you. Apple are very good at this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s arrived!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Mine arrived yesterday. It's faster than my old iPhone 7, Face ID is great, a number of apps need optimisation for the different form factor on the screen, and don't miss the home button at all.

It's vastly overpriced, but great fun.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Mine arrived yesterday. It's faster than my old iPhone 7, Face ID is great, a number of apps need optimisation for the different form factor on the screen, and don't miss the home button at all.

It's vastly overpriced, but great fun.
Agree with that, had mine for a couple of weeks and it’s a great bit of kit, probably Apples best yet, but I do wish they done it in the bigger size, I had a 7 plus before and it just feels a bit small.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agree with that, had mine for a couple of weeks and it’s a great bit of kit, probably Apples best yet, but I do wish they done it in the bigger size, I had a 7 plus before and it just feels a bit small.

You've got a bigger screen (5.8") than you had on the 7 Plus (5.5").

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Yeah I have a 6S Plus and had a play with an 'X' in the Apple store the other day, it was weird how 'small' it felt. Maybe they will bring out a 'Plus' size with an even bigger screen next year!

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Bought the grandson an iphone a couple of Christmases back. The first thing he asked Siri was why Noddy wears a hat with a bell on it.

Useful thing, technology.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We’re up and running! It’s fantastic. Love it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here