Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adding a STH

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it be easier for BG to get an extra ST if he was in a wheelchair?

Interesting point should an existing STH suddenly get confined to a wheel chair as happened to a distant relative I would think the club would just move him but I assume that a non STH wouldnt need to be on a waiting list due to the needs criteria.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No I am not irrespective of what division we were in his dad was destined to buy him a ST at a young age. I took my young brother when we were in 4th Division and he is still a STH now some 50+ years on through good and bad times.

I am sure, as I said at the outset, that this is a problem that has occurred with many dads not just my son and his son.

Are you really suggesting that the waiting list be bypassed under certain conditions? More specifally conditions where your family members get to bypass others who have been waiting since the waiting list started? Every club in the country where demand exceeds supply operates a waiting list. Some have people who have been waiting 10 years or more. That's the fairest system-stop looking for problems that don't exist.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
They join the waiting list like all other future fans, and get match by match tickets while they wait.

How do you buy a match by match for an 5 year old. I have tried to buy the seat next to me for my youngest daughter and can’t because the system thinks she is unaccompanied. There is something wrong with this system. I appreciate not jumping the ST que, but I should be able to buy the seat next to me for my kid.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How do you buy a match by match for an 5 year old. I have tried to buy the seat next to me for my youngest daughter and can’t because the system thinks she is unaccompanied. There is something wrong with this system. I appreciate not jumping the ST que, but I should be able to buy the seat next to me for my kid.

Have you tried by phone, where you can explain properly, rather than the impersonal online system?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Have you tried by phone, where you can explain properly, rather than the impersonal online system?

Yes I have. I got nowhere. A child must be accompanied by an adult at all times and an ‘individual ticket cannot be released’ is what I was told. Granted I haven’t tried this season but last season that was the answer. But I could buy an adult and pay full whack.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

According to nearly everybody on here it is very easy the club will accomodate you while they let a JCL who has never had any connection with the club get to the top of the list and have a ST. Apparently that is the fairest system until your 5 year old reaches the top of the list

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
im-not-bitter-but-i-sure-have-soured-prints.jpg

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
According to nearly everybody on here it is very easy the club will accomodate you while they let a JCL who has never had any connection with the club get to the top of the list and have a ST and that is the fairest system until your 5 year old reaches the top of the list

The problem is with these things is that it’s very much to do with who you speak to on the day. I’m sure if I personally went to the ticket office midweek with my daughter and all sorts of proof and ID, that something could be sorted out. The thing is it’s a massive hassle and should not be like that. The kids profile should be linked as a family member and as long as the seat is near you, it should allow you to buy it, but it doesn’t. As I said, I didn’t get very far on the phone either. The opportunity hasn’t arisen yet this season for me to ask again.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I or rather my son hopes to fair better when Jack is made a Junior Seagull Plus member as the club website indicates.

But it shouldn’t matter. As long as the child is related, you should be able to buy a match by match. The club do need to do a little more in this respect. I can’t agree with you about jumping the que, but it should be made easier to buy a single child ticket.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
According to nearly everybody on here it is very easy the club will accomodate you while they let a JCL who has never had any connection with the club get to the top of the list and have a ST. Apparently that is the fairest system until your 5 year old reaches the top of the list

Now I know you're on a wind-up. This can't be real.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now I know you're on a wind-up. This can't be real.

Why is that what have I said that is wrong In your opinion.?

As I have said I dont think the system is anywhere ear full n proof but must and will abide by it. I am not as enthusiastic about the waiting list not accomodating STH whose children become of age to go to football and not showing loyalty to the STH, as many on here.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes I have. I got nowhere. A child must be accompanied by an adult at all times and an ‘individual ticket cannot be released’ is what I was told. Granted I haven’t tried this season but last season that was the answer. But I could buy an adult and pay full whack.

Have you tried writing in ? ...and escalating it up the line if you don't get anywhere

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why is that what have I said that is wrong In your opinion.

Well, I quoted it. But ok, for clarity...your announcement that "the club will will let a JCL who has never had any connection with the club get to the top of the list and have a ST" is...questionable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well, I quoted it. But ok, for clarity...your announcement that "the club will will let a JCL who has never had any connection with the club get to the top of the list and have a ST" is...questionable.

Is that not what is happening because as many say if we got relegated, which I dont think that we would, the waiting list wouldnt exist. Those same JCL probably wouldnt want a ST.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Remember 'never wrong'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here