Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who took you to your first Brighton game...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
My best mates dad, for my best mates birthday "treat".

March 5th, 1969, a thrilling 0-0 draw against Plymouth Argle in Division Three - sat in the West Stand, if my memory serves me right, on bench seats.

The bug was caught and nearly 50 years later I'm still going, which is more than I can say for said mate who buggered off to Australia!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
My dad circa 1964 all I can remember is that my feet were freezing. We were sitting down. Got the bug when I went with school friends in the North Stand in 1968.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
My dad - early 70s (maybe 72?) v Northampton Town. Think it was 2-2 and Fred Binney scored.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Some of these reminiscences are wonderful, there is something about football and your club handed down by ones elders or loved ones that makes the love and passion of your club so special……….its something the remote control and sofa brigade will never have, never understand. or comprehend
Cherish it and the memories and pass this passion on to the next generation.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpgimage.jpg
My uncle Cyril 1963
this was the last game of the season that I remember.
My Dad didint take me has he was usual on Duty

Guy and Colin, I may even have driven. New Year's Day 1983 uninspiring 1-1 draw v Watford but I did see Ward score. 30+ Years later we are all still going and with teenage offspring as well.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
My Dad 1966
Sat in the South Stand seats behind the terrace and the goal with my Grandparents who had season tickets
Also various Uncles Aunties etc
Never forget the green of the pitch and Kit Napier's goals

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My Grandad - 94 next week
It was a 2-0 win against Palace in April 1987 and I believe was Barry Lloyd's first win as manager. Danny Wilson and Darren Hughes scored

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Tried to rack my brain for this one. It was that famous game V Aston Villa back in 1972 (I was 16). North Stand so it wasn't my Dad or Uncle, my Dad buying me a season ticket in the South a few years later. So it must have been my cousin who is a few years older than me. We stuck together up until 1979 when the dream ended and we lost interest.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The dad of a school friend (Lee Wilkins) took me to Brighton 2-4 Norwich back in October 1979. Then my second game, and first WIN was courtesy of my brother over Christmas, when we saw us smash Man City 4-1!

Happy days.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
My dad, uncle and cousin. Had just moved to the Sussex coast the week before. 15th April 1970.... Albion 1 Mansfield 2 last game of the season.

Battle of Britain was on at the main cinema, as we drove through Queens Road.

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
My dad took me in 1958, first season in the old second division. Don;t remember the game but do know that he had made a stool for me to stand on and we watched from the 'chicken run'. He took me quite regularly after that and I paricularly remember the Fulham game when the record crowd of 37,000 thousand plus was recorded and we won 3-1

Just before you. Dad took me in 1957. Had a stool to stand on too. 60 years this year. Seen it all.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Great thread this (along with the whores).

They say you never forget the date or details of your first ever football match, or your virginity. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here