Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Lets face it, if Birmingham sign Terry which is a strong rumour, then Stockdale is earning far more than we would offer.

No doubt picked up a massive signing on fee too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lets face it, if Birmingham sign Terry which is a strong rumour, then Stockdale is earning far more than we would offer.

No doubt picked up a massive signing on fee too.

Well he did refer to Birmingham as being MASSIVE, I imagine the sun has got to him and he thinks he's signed for Wednesday

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I guess they made him what they considered a fair offer and left it up to him.
He has been very good for us after a very shaky start. CH perservered with him when others may have rested him. All through his time with us he has demonstrated good shot stopping ability and some blindingly good saves. He is quite a complex keeper to try and analyse. One minute on the top of his game, next minute showing serious lapses of concentration. Some of his saves are world class, some of his errors would embarrass a schoolboy. At times appearing quite trim and at other times looking distinctly overweight. Struggling to cover low angled shots at times but at other times making brilliant low stops.
CH and his team will have considered all his strengths and weaknesses and ultimately decided that maybe some of his weaknesses would have been exposed more at PL level, where he would be under more pressure.

Well spoken, very much how I see it. Our last game against Aston Villa just emphasises this.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well I wasn't expecting that. I can only assume that good old Harry is throwing stupid sums of money about...which can only end well.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well I wasn't expecting that. I can only assume that good old Harry is throwing stupid sums of money about...which can only end well.

Not really... Just a longer contract.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even if we offered him a one-year contract compared to Blues' three, surely it would be better for him to play in the Premier League again for a year and then possibly get a big move elsewhere? Very, very strange. Only explanation I can come up with is that he knows we are signing a top keeper and he's been told he'll be number two.
We've already signed another keeper haven't we? Are they to be a no. 1, 2 or 3?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's 32 this year, got a 3 year contract, so will have security for the rest of his career, although keepers do play at an older age than outfield players. If, we only offered one year, as has been posted by several on Nsc, I can understand his decision.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have we? Lots of talk, but Maenpaa hasn't signed yet, and no confirmation of Ryan signing.
Oh ok, my bad. I'm not really paying a lot of attention to signings this summer.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I miss the bloke already, gutted he as left. That penalty save against Wednesday will forever be in my mind, the scenes in the North stand were terrific.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Seems to be Stockdale rejected our contract as we wouldn't offer him the 3 years he wanted, the reason being is because he didn't want to have to pull his daughter from school during her GCSE's to move elsewhere in the country.
That makes a lot of sense. Best move now, what a shame he misses out on next season with us in the PL though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here