Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread of positivity

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
A fantastic scenario! If only :) But 2 x 0-1s would still see them go up on GD if we lost

Well they have scored now so that is out of the window. 2 x 0-1s would have seen them stay on 87 points, while us and Boro have 88, so it would have worked even if we lost. If only.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Well they have scored now so that is out of the window. 2 x 0-1s would have seen them stay on 87 points, while us and Boro have 88, so it would have worked even if we lost. If only.

You are quite right.
So, just to rub salt in, they score with their first shot on target and by Vokes FFS!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
One thing that today's result gives us is clarity of thought ahead of 'boro, there is no half arsed ideas of going for a draw, for automatic promotion we need a win.

We'll do it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You are quite right.
So, just to rub salt in, they score with their first shot on target and by Vokes FFS!

Ashley Barnes is coming on though, maybe he can do us a favor with 2 OGs :D

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Ashley Barnes is coming on though, maybe he can do us a favor with 2 OGs :D

That would be great but as you suggest highly unlikely. I am sure he would love for us not to get automatic promotion.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Rather have a few bumps against Derby not Boro and i think our attack is intelligent enough to learn from today.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We would all have taken this scenario at the beginning of the season, and maybe even up to a few weeks ago.
We can do this.

This. Not to mention this time last season. If you'd told me we'd be 2nd and battling for the automatics, I'd say it was about as likely as Leicester winning the Premiership.............

Thought our last min goal today was a good sign of our battling spirit even tho the 2nd half was pretty dire. Look how far we have come under CH. The Fins football was just awful on every front, CH has turned us into a real football playing team and in CH we trust. Thought the atmosphere was excellent and was the highest attendance for the Amex. The lap at the end showed that the players really want to play and win for this club.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Being a self centred lazy sort of ****, I was hoping to avoid the playoffs so I could have a few more hours free to ponce about. But frankly, I shouldn't be so pathetic. We either win next week, or we win the playoffs. Or not. Whatever, it will be emotional. That's what its all about. :ascarf:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
1 win from the prem, most of us would have taken that at the beginning of the season. Even if we don't we've got the playoffs.

One win, or one draw and three wins its still very very achievable.

Loved watching Liam Rosenior going round giving mini pep talks to the other players.

We can and will do this together. Win lose or draw. As one.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's for most of us a short working week..

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've posted the following on the official match thread but it's a mosh of conflicting emotion in there right now. I'm reposting this in a thread of its own for all the can-do-ers out there. Call it shamelessly "look at me" if you will but let's make this a thread of solidarity for the gut wrenching few days to come. Pile in with positive vibes. Go!

Well that's quite nice but it doesn't really change anything unless Burley implode this afternoon.

I've given myself a few minutes to simmer down. Oddly, I feel pretty good after a fairly woeful second half display. A couple of games ago I said on here that I could not see us going on to win seven straight matches. I didn't get flamed as such but a couple of people told me off for being a Debbie Downer. While winning streaks like that are possible they are rare and I just never felt that we would pull it off. Now that streak has been broken I just feel that it's less improbable that we will go up to Boro and win. It might not make sense to many but it's just my gut reaction.

Today the pressure was all on us and it showed. Derby had basically achieved their objective (playoffs) before kickoff and could play with more freedom. On Saturday there will be pressure on us to go and win for sure but there is also massive pressure on Boro to finish the job too. I feel we will nestle back into the underdog role that has suited us so well all season. I wouldn't say I am confident but I'm also very far from despondent. We have the tools to do this. We just have to hope we can do it on the day.

This has been a simply magnificent season. The board, the manager, the team, all at the club and the supporters have shared something special. We might not get the dream ending but even then all is not lost. I bloody love this team. In around 35 years of following them there have been few seasons as exciting and invigorating as this.

It doesn't matter what division we are in. We are Brighton. We're still here. Together,

Let's bloody do this.

Mods, can you merge these threads, please?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
We can do it lads. I wish I could be there to see us duke it out, but I'm penniless, I don't have a ticket, and I'm stuck in exams until the end of the semester, but I'll stick it in until the end, and hopefully next season I can enjoy a game or two when we're away at Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, or even Palarse. Keep the dream alive
:rave:

Leonardhead

Nov 2, 2012
Burnley now promoted means they will be hungover for their game against Charlton and more likely to lose. If we then beat Middlesbrough we have a better chance of going up as champions.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
We will go in to the last game still being able to be champions

This. In all the posts I've read over the last few weeks, the title hasn't really been discussed. Promotion is everything. Shows we're not arrogant!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Last time my gf let me put it in her *** we won our next game.

At least that's what I'll be telling her this week.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here