Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Best was shocking

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He has done nothing to endear himself to the supporters, with his attitude and lack of effort from game 1.
I thought that loan windows were an opportunity for players, that were going to be sold by the parent club, to put themselves in the shop window.
Looks like CH is willing to do him a favour because of past associations, which is totally wrong.
CH will tarnish his own standing with supporters if he persists on being so stubborn and not seeing that the guy is a jerk.
He's not his love child is he?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
felt a little uncomfortable with this event,not good to hear an Albion player booed off.Rather indicative of the season.He is utter pants to be fair.........but booing off crikey thats harsh.

saying that i am a hypocrite,i remember dishing out verbals to Leon Knight at Hillsborough when he faked injury that should have landed me in the court at The Hague

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The guy is poor no doubt but I don't think he isn't trying - just because he doesn't run about like a mad man doesn't mean he's not trying, this always happens... One player gets scapegoated for everything maybe people should remember that we create absolutely NOTHING for our strikers - literally nothing, our build up play is so slow and we only ever have one isolated player in the middle which means he's outnumbered quickly by defenders every time he gets the ball.

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending his attitude because it's not great but it feel the reaction tonight was not necessary, we as a team are shocking and several players have played with a bad 'nothing to play for' attitude lately, not just Best.

I'm with you Wizard. Best's demeanour is the bit that winds people up I think and why he he is subject of so much vitriol. I genuinely thought he did OK last night. I didn't post last night to see if I changed my mind with a bit of reflection, but our performance changed for the worse when he left the pitch. I feel that he chased the ball down forcing them to kick long and give it away on numerous occasions. His touch, hold-up play and linking was as good as I have seen from one of our players this year, he wins plenty in the air. He had absolutely nothing to work with in terms of chances. O'Grady, CMS and Lua Lua offered absolutely nothing when they came on, and for me, maybe this was why Huddersfield offered more towards the end of the game. All of them gave the ball away on numerous occasions in the relatively short time they were on the pitch. I was more upset with the substitutions last night.. I thought the game was crying our for more pace down our right given Huddersfield were so dull, and would have taken Calderon off for Lua Lua, providing Best with a little more space, and opportunities to get in the box.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It was embarrassing - I was ashamed of our fans for doing it. Ok he has been very poor and I wouldn't have selected him, but last night was probably his best performance for us

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
By his standards that was one of his better games.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I booed, not much more to add that hasn't already been said. Quite frankly, it wasn't his performance that bothered me. He has a couple of nice touches here and there. My gripe derives from the fact he clearly isn't interested in playing for Brighton & Hove Albion. The constant huffing and puffing, arms in the air in frustration at his team mates and his constant moaning at the officials, the bloke is not the sort of player we need.

As for the casual stroll off the pitch, that was the straw that broke the camels back, and was clearly a reaction to the fact there had been a cheer when his name had come up on the board. That did it for me, a real "**** you" to the supporters.

Leon Best, if you somehow happen to read this (or have it read to you), do the decent thing, and **** off out of my club.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
It worries me that Hughton likes him, and keeps playing him. I really hope he doesn't want to buy him this summer.

CH must have promised T'Rovers that he would get games. That is the only explanation why he plays so much.
He epitomises everything that is wrong with modern day football. Huge wages regardless of talent and effort.
We have every right to vent anger at the ****. Although CH must take some blame for how he and the whole team have shown nothing in recent games.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not one for booing our own players - even players like Best - but I can understand why people did. When there are die-hard every-home-and-away game fans leaving 20 mins early to go to the pub you know something's wrong.

Best BTW deserved it for sloping off at such a slow pace when the game was there to be won but I just couldn't bring myself to boo him. No problem with those who did.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I'm not one for booing our own players - even players like Best - but I can understand why people did. When there are die-hard every-home-and-away game fans leaving 20 mins early to go to the pub you know something's wrong.

Best BTW deserved it for sloping off at such a slow pace when the game was there to be won but I just couldn't bring myself to boo him. No problem with those who did.

Colunga was booed for the same slow sloping off the pitch when he got sent off, let's not forget ?

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Highlight of a terrible team performance and the only real amusing moment, Best walking to the tunnel area to grt a drink and a loud voice shouts out ' keep walking Best ' That for me just about sums the guy up, terrible body language , very little effort and it must be destroying OG to see him in the team infront of him.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Our fan base is full of newbies and plastics (at least I hope that's the case).

Rubbish, I think you will find the 12k who turned up last night are the opposite while the majority of the ones who sat at home watching the champions league are the newbies and plastics.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Highlight of a terrible team performance and the only real amusing moment, Best walking to the tunnel area to grt a drink and a loud voice shouts out ' keep walking Best ' That for me just about sums the guy up, terrible body language , very little effort and it must be destroying OG to see him in the team infront of him.

Was that the point when he took the drink, but appeared displeased with the flavour (possibly orange instead of cranberry & mango) and gave it back asking for, and being given, a more suitable liquid refreshment?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't boo Brighton players, never have, never will.

But Best is not a Brighton player, he is a useless, lazy, freeloading journeyman who adds absolutely nothing to our club.

The decision to start him yet again was a disgrace and Hughton is making himself look like an idiot by doing so.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The BHAFC "fans" that booed Best are a disgrace. I've rarely been so angry at my fellow supporters than I am now. Sure, he's not been great but tonight he was ok. CMS and O'Grady came on and were even worse! I know it's frustration more than anything but I guess tonight highlighted to me what a lot of people on here complain about: Our fan base is full of newbies and plastics (at least I hope that's the case).

image.jpg

What a load of old nonsense. Disgrace ?? Never been so angry??

I didn't boo but I can understand why people did, what I couldn't get my head around were the few people that clearly stood up and clapped best off, some did it in an ironic way, but some gave him a genuine clap.

Thankyou Mr super xxxxxxx fan but I think most people that went last night were not newbies and plastics, and they deserve respect for going.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He's been crap, uninterested and lazy in the majority of his appearances for us and is on TWENTY SEVEN THOUSAND POUNDS PER WEEK. ****ing hell. Twenty seven grand every single week. 14 after tax? Imagine that. IMAGINE one week where you got 14 grand paid into your bank account for going to a bloody PE lesson every day and jogging around on a Saturday afternoon. My word.

Bollocks to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here